Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TF2 Blog Post: Incoming!

Playstuff Member .ps Septic Osbert's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

TF2 Blog Post: Incoming!

Over the next few days we'll be removing all TF2 items that were earned using external idling applications. We're going to adopt a zero tolerance policy for external applications used to manipulate the persistent item system. Due to us not having a policy in place prior to today, this time we're only removing the items earned through cheating the system. Going forward, if we find users using external applications, we'll remove all of their items. If you're interested, only about 4.5% of the players in TF2's community will be affected by this cleansing process.

Meanwhile, everyone who took the moral high road will soon be finding a new hat in their inventory. We've also significantly increased the chance of finding any of the existing hats.

We realize there is a high level of demand for items, and we're still working on systems to allow you to find them in new ways (via Trading, and crafting duplicates into desired items). However, we need to draw the line at running external applications.
    http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2787

Glad I didn't bother

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    I really did laugh out loud when I read this.
    Steam forums are very funny to read this morning, Shame people are taking it too far and refusing to heal players with Halo's on their heads, Was on a server this morning with a lot of people wearing the tag [No Heal for Halo's].
    Some people really are pathetic. To all you people who used the idler :hypocrite:

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Neox - Norse warrior god with the skills and tenacity of a dead wombat.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

My flare gun!

Also something of note. I still have my Demoman's Fro from achievement_idle...
    The operating costs of salvation are through the roof.

Billionaire Extraordinaire Two monkeys from a Tzu.'s Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    I got a halo but I can't get it to show up ingame. I tried wearing it with at least half the classes but no luck so far.

Btw the steam forums (fora?) look unreal today: 'lets all use no heal for halo tags!' 'Admin ban halo wearers!' 'I hate you valve, you're not my real mom!'
    I knew the forum was always a bit prone to hyperbole but this is insane. I really thought the community as a whole would be a bit more mature.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkFood View Post
    Was on a server this morning with a lot of people wearing the tag [No Heal for Halo's].
    I have no opinion about the idlers - I never used one but only because I wasn't that bothered, not for any moral reason. Having said that - if I see anyone with that tag on the Teamplay server I will kick and ban immediately since they're breaking the golden rule of the server - TEAMPLAY.
    Cookie given from: Logan.ps
    ---
    (aka JennyCide.ps)
    putting the Rage in Average
    gromblog (inactive at present)
    Twitter

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    just lol

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grom View Post
    I have no opinion about the idlers - I never used one but only because I wasn't that bothered, not for any moral reason. Having said that - if I see anyone with that tag on the Teamplay server I will kick and ban immediately since they're breaking the golden rule of the server - TEAMPLAY.
    QFT.

Got my halo, but we can't see them on the Teamplay server yet because it needs updated.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    updating now

Panics when ubered & Excessively Generous Tstrike's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Serves me right !

still have acess to a halo though bring on the trading

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    bad move on Valve's part. Lots of servers are getting "Wearing a halo gets you kicked" and "Only halo wearers allowed in this server". Medics are refusing to heal people who aren't the same "halo side" as they are on. Greifing is occurring on both kinds of players (halos and non-halos) with medics healing enemy spies to destroy a halo wearing (or non-halo wearing) engineer.

I hope this is only temporary since half of each team wearing halos does kind of kill the visual style of the game /:

-EDIT- I'm not saying punishment wasn't necessary, I'm just saying they could have picked a better way of punishment than "stopping everybody who wanted a hat so much to idle - by giving everybody who didn't a rare hat"

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Saw this on one of the many many steam forum threads of people crying they lost their hats:

Panics when ubered & Excessively Generous Tstrike's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Already gutted about the loss of my huntsman and jar o pee other that that quite fun reminds me of the old days
    Last edited by Tstrike; 03-09-2009 at 21:59. Reason: Attack of the iPhones predictive text!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Basically means we have a nice server when it is about teamplay and not moaning

Now even more spooky!
    Spam Prince Vegeta
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    You kinda deserved it if you were idling. Still wonder how VALVe detected it

Not that i didn't idle
    Last edited by awesome-o; 04-09-2009 at 08:09.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awesome-o View Post
    You kinda deserved it if you were idling. Still wonder how VALVe detected it

Not that i didn't idle
    Code:
    boolean isCorruptChap = false;
    ArrayList allServersUserConnected = GetAllServersUserConnected();

for (Server server : allServersUserConnected) {
      if (Server.getName().contains("idle")) {
        isCorruptChap = true;
        break;
      }
    }

if (isCorruptChap) {
      punishChap();
    }
    else {
      rewardChap();
    }

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    i only used it a once or twice for a few mins and the hats dont really bother me. Not to worry though. I may have noticed a glitch with the halo as i saw a strange bubble floating in the air and it was an invis spy, unfortunately i didnt get a photo but im sure that someone will..

Administrator
    L4D2 Group Co-ordinator
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SCi-Fi View Post
    i only used it a once or twice for a few mins and the hats dont really bother me. Not to worry though. I may have noticed a glitch with the halo as i saw a strange bubble floating in the air and it was an invis spy, unfortunately i didnt get a photo but im sure that someone will..
    Yes, the halos give a faint glow when somebody dies I think, but you can also see it on invisible spies.
    Last.Played

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    quoting a part of the quote from septic's first post:
    We realize there is a high level of demand for items, and we're still working on systems to allow you to find them in new ways (via Trading, and crafting duplicates into desired items). However, we need to draw the line at running external applications.
    Would love to know a bit more about the rules of crafting duplicates into desired items, as I need to know which items to drop and which to keep

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Damn I got busted, but I could not give any more frak about not having A halo, still got classes to fill up with real hats ^^

It's A shame for people who wanted hats so they idled because they couldn't play often for w/e reason (me included ). The whole deal between halo haters/elitists is A massive waste of hot air in my opinion..Why can't we be friends?
    Last edited by Czar; 04-09-2009 at 19:55.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast