Thread: Fortnite

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Fortnite

So what platform is everyone playing on and whatís your user names?

Iíve got two accounts one Xbox1 and one on pc:
    Pc is Sn0w.ps not sure on Xbox atm will update soon

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: Fortnite

So is anyone playing this?

Because i've now played 60 or 70 games and its awesome.

First off, it's not PUBG. The island and mechanics setups are obv PUBG-y, but it would be like comparing CSS to TF2 tbh.

The building aspect might be just a relic of the Tower Defence mode, included to avoid lawsuits...but it fundamentally changes everything.

After i got over the fact that ppl building as soon as you shoot them is annoying AF, and stopped expecting it to be a polished PUBG, i really got into it.

Learning the mechanics/skills to building stuff in an FPS is a new experience and its not often you get that these days

Shooting is pretty simple, but satisfying. Games are short. I enjoy the asthetic, everything is clean and easy to decipher. This game just really has its shit together.

Side Note:
    No loot crates. No gambling. Want something? Buy it. Dont want it? Dont buy it. Pretty nice given the state of modern gaming.

Anyway, this game is really good, and its free. Let me know if you give it a try.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Reliving the days of Star Wars MMO is fine by me

(just me and slow playing a free game for hours on end )

But if we got a full squad that would be fine too

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Oh ya

And for whatever reason, Fortnite runs with a ping of 50 on my 2 Mb/s broadband. So I can actually play it :p

Csgo has a ping of 250 usually and Pubg 150-200. So its got tgat goin for it

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I play it almost every evening! Got quite a few friends that play, but I'll be up to squad if I'm free. I think i'm onto over 800 games now, and 200 wins according to the stats.
    I'm "Positively Hazo" and only on PC.

Really love this game, definitely has it's issues and I've had my fallings out with it. There's been major bugs and stressful times, but they patch frequently and also frequently add content which is great.
    Fortnite just makes for so much more intense games comparing to PUBG, it's quicker and there's more options of ways to approach fights. The construction adds so much to the game, once you get your head around it isn't as ridiculous as it sounds being able to spring up walls. A lot of end game fights with good players will be just a huge tower spiraling up because both players are trying to get the high ground, while also walling off their opponent and it can make for some really intense fights.

Unapologetically apologetic, sorry Jeeva's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    No loot crates. No gambling. Want something? Buy it. Dont want it? Dont buy it.
    Huh, loot llamas were a huge part of the original Fortnite premise. I was wondering how they squared that with PUBG style nothing-in-your-pockets...

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by hazo View Post
    I play it almost every evening! Got quite a few friends that play, but I'll be up to squad if I'm free. I think i'm onto over 800 games now, and 200 wins according to the stats.
    I'm "Positively Hazo" and only on PC.

Really love this game, definitely has it's issues and I've had my fallings out with it. There's been major bugs and stressful times, but they patch frequently and also frequently add content which is great.
    Fortnite just makes for so much more intense games comparing to PUBG, it's quicker and there's more options of ways to approach fights. The construction adds so much to the game, once you get your head around it isn't as ridiculous as it sounds being able to spring up walls. A lot of end game fights with good players will be just a huge tower spiraling up because both players are trying to get the high ground, while also walling off their opponent and it can make for some really intense fights.
    sweet!