Thread: TF2 in a Flash World

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

TF2 in a Flash World

Hey all - sorry for the radio silence for so long. I moved from Canada to the US, then got busy with work and what-not. Then after being absent for a while I started to feel guilty and weird about it all

But anyways -- enough of my excuses! I taught myself a wee bit of flash in the past week and put together this little number. You guys were always so nice and supportive of my TF2 World pipe-dream that I thought I would share it with you:

Flash Content: Show
    http://sites.google.com/site/tf2worldserver/flash-zoom-test2.swf

There's a bigger one here to play with, if you like. And if you have feedback, suggestions, or know a lot about flash and would like to school me in how to make this way cooler, I'd be happy to hear it.
    Last edited by Boylee; 30-07-2011 at 03:14. Reason: TY
    8 People have given a Cookie to SPHinx: almightybob.ps, AngryPotato, Boylee.ps, Krazko, Logan.ps, Spudd, The Sero.ps, Tstrike.ps

Trading Philanthropist AngryPotato's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: TF2 in a Flash World

Wow, it looks so great! It's a huge step forward, I think!
    Brilliant.
    Cookie given from: SPHinx
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Looking really awesome. What stage is it at? Maybe people can help?

Good to see you again bud - never need to worry about being away for a while - real life happens We're always pleased to see old friends!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Good to hear from you again mate Will definitely have a look at this when I'm not on a laptop with a really bad wifi connection.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Colt View Post
    Looking really awesome. What stage is it at? Maybe people can help?
    Current stage is to put together a 90 sec or so video to show the concepts for the meta-game (e.g., the world map that you see above, an interface for registering your team choice with a server, map ownership, team leaderboards). Then cut those animations with some in-game footage from the notable exotic maps (e.g., Persia, Antiquity, Orient) and re-textured sections from familiar maps to show how those could look.

The goal is to share the idea in a more immediate way, so that your average TF2 player can appreciate how fun it could be. And also hopefully get some more mappers, coders, or community leaders interested in the possibilities.

I have a tentative script for the video written up, but if anyone would like to help, I would be happy to share it. Or if you have video editing skills or experience, that would be great too.

Side-note: Here is a mock-up of a "sign up for BLU" screen I am imagining:
    Spoiler: Reveal