Thread: Help me get onto the server please :'(

Registered Member
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Help me get onto the server please :'(

So, for the past few months i havnt been able to connect to the server whenever we've been on Koth_Badlands.

The error message i get is something like this "your version of <mapname> differs from the servers" Which i odd, since i've deleted everything related to Badlands from my harddisk:

This is becoming really really annoying and i havnt been able to find a fix to it, i really dont want to delete my tf2 folder since i've got a really slow internet connection.

I've tried setting "Cl_downloadfilter all" which didnt have any effect.

so help me please so i can get back to rocket spamming the innocents and backstabbing the engineers

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Re: Help me get onto the server please :'(

Have you tried yet to verify the game cache?

Library -> Team Fortress 2 -> Properties -> local files -> Verify integrity of Game cache

Greater crested hermit ninja Boylee's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

All of the official maps are packed into .gcf files stored in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps on a 64 bit install), so you won't have removed the corrupted .bsp file. verifying the game cache should fix it. If it doesn't I can give you a copy of koth_badlands to put in your map folder which should override content in the gcf. That would only be an interim fix though.
    cp_triplet - ctf_chicane - cp_cruff - pl_clifftop

--------------------------------------------------------------
    [UC] Boylee is in an unknown country.

Registered Member
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Hmm, now im getting another error, appareantly i took a jump forth in time, and now all servers are using an outdated version.

I'll check back later to see if its fixed , though i think it might have fixed it, since i got a message saying that it found a single error and the file has been reaquired.

thanks

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

my bro was always getting this error too (the map one) eventually after rooting out all files linked to the map deleting them then verify the game files it started working again.