Page 1 of 16 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Game of Thrones

I haven't read any of the books but I have been watching the series and it is fantastic. Really gripping, intelligent, action packed and entertaining. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something to watch.

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon on the mount, The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living." - General Omar N.Bradley

"[I]A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."[I]

Now even more spooky!
    Spam Prince Vegeta
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: Game of Thrones

JUst watched episode 5. Its great.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

The series is indeed fantastic, if you've never heard of it, Sean Bean... That is all.
    "We do not wish to penalise the machine
    for its inability to shine in beauty competitions, nor to penalise
    a man for losing in a race against an aeroplane." -- A.M.Turing

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by awesome-o View Post
    JUst watched episode 5. Its great.
    That episode really messed me up. So many WTF! moments and so many interesting, different story arcs going on all over the place.
    Cookie given from: awesome-o
    "We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon on the mount, The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living." - General Omar N.Bradley

"[I]A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."[I]

Now even more spooky!
    Spam Prince Vegeta
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Yeah, its where it starts to get together. Though in Game of Thrones not much happens, it really starts to get interesting in further books. (Thats what my brother told me).
    Anyways, i was about halfway though Game of Thrones, and my brother came home from scotland: Oh hey, i need my Song of Ice and Fire books, because my girlfriend wants to read them.
    Bah, guess i'll have to buy them then :p
    Also, the series are so fast compared to the book, though its pretty good on the storyline, no major flaws with the book and the series etc.

Unapologetically apologetic, sorry Jeeva's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Yes on fast- read the first two books since last week, just watched episode one, confused at all the speed.

Dismayed at having roped my parents in to watch it, and then all the Hawt Secks.

*Or heated display of lewd desire, if you will.

Additionally, that short gent from jackass is in it. I did not expect!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I'm off the next two days and HBO On Demand now has 1-5 on there.. I think i'm going to start to watch this series!

Eggstraordinary Sole Member of the 'I made the 5000th Post in the Subtle Spamfest Thread' Club and Owner of the Longest User Title On Playstuff illosipuli's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Why didn't this have a thread of its own until now??? Brilliant series, I really like it. It's very well made and acted and the plot is very, very interesting. Can't wait for the next episode (a whole week to go )!

Btw Jeeva, the actor of Tyrion Lannister it's not Jason Acuņa. It's Peter Dinklage!!
    An "ickled onion" from an unknown country

Work together as a team
    Download douchey hats on Steam
    The doors are openin' that's yer cue...
    Time to play Team Fortress Two!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I bought Game of Thrones a good while ago and finished it a couple weeks or so before the series started. I'm now starting the 3rd book.

It is amazing. Everyone should read it. It's a bit slow in the beginning, and they are long and rather wordy, but it's worth it. Entirely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeva View Post
    Yes on fast- read the first two books since last week, just watched episode one, confused at all the speed.

Dismayed at having roped my parents in to watch it, and then all the Hawt Secks.

*Or heated display of lewd desire, if you will.

Additionally, that short gent from jackass is in it. I did not expect!
    Same experience here. Not sure what I expected, but I had them watch a few episodes with me and all the boobs and sex everywhere makes it very uncomfortable to watch with your parents. :| I'm just happy I didn't need to read the books to them or something. Martin has a tendency to describe the phallus a little too vividly.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

the sex is sto sell it to a wider audience i hestitate to say to american audience but..... there you go fantasy has never elaly had a serious turn on the small screen. for anyone who is interested i suggest picking up the latest copy of EMPIRE magazine whihc has a big piece on it
    The Imperium of Man is able to traverse the Warp with difficulty when their Emperor concentrates from his golden life support machine and lights the way. Unfortunately, because the Emperor has the attention span of the average 5-year-old Pokemon fanboy, this means that many an unfortunate Imperial ship has had the WTF WHERE'D THE LIGHTS GO experience, which in the Warp is invariably fatal.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warning Level = Bert View Post
    the sex is sto sell it to a wider audience i hestitate to say to american audience but..... there you go fantasy has never elaly had a serious turn on the small screen. for anyone who is interested i suggest picking up the latest copy of EMPIRE magazine whihc has a big piece on it
    Erm... the sex was in the books.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

i mean tin terms of fantasy sellign well on the small screen mate, my bad was pretty knackered when i wrote that post
    The Imperium of Man is able to traverse the Warp with difficulty when their Emperor concentrates from his golden life support machine and lights the way. Unfortunately, because the Emperor has the attention span of the average 5-year-old Pokemon fanboy, this means that many an unfortunate Imperial ship has had the WTF WHERE'D THE LIGHTS GO experience, which in the Warp is invariably fatal.

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Well I've read the books and without the sex the story and bonds between characters (no spoilerz) would be pretty sterile imo... So I'd have to disagree that it's just to snag viewers!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I just hope they do the direwolfs well. Game of Thrones can get away with real wolfs as they're still pups, but later on Ghost, Summer, Shaggy and Grey Wind are meant to be the size of small horses. There's been a distinct lack of Ghost in the show at the moment compared to the book.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

yeah its a great series loving it so far, will be watching it tonight. Started watching this as a follow onto spartacus what i just finished watching on dvd.

Eggstraordinary Sole Member of the 'I made the 5000th Post in the Subtle Spamfest Thread' Club and Owner of the Longest User Title On Playstuff illosipuli's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

New episode today! Yeehaw, I've been waiting the whole past week for this!

Work together as a team

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

it's so strange being able to recognise where some of the scenes are filmed

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    it's so strange being able to recognise where some of the scenes are filmed
    A friend of mine said the same when he saw one of the first episodes. He'd visited the city where the King's Landing scenes were filmed a month or so earlier.

Work together as a team

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Haven't actually seen any episodes, just trailers and teasers for episodes, is there a name for this place in the series though? It's the quarry 10 min from my house where they were filming for a good few months.

Spoiler: Reveal

Now even more spooky!
    Spam Prince Vegeta
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Its kings road.