Thread: Welcome to the truth. Welcome to Delta Green. (Call of Cthulhu RPG, players wanted!)

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Welcome to the truth. Welcome to Delta Green. (Call of Cthulhu RPG, players wanted!)

»» 7 JAN 2016: ISIL terrorists kill 60 and injure more than 200 in a suicide truck bombing at a Libyan police training camp. ISIL-related attacks will kill more than 1,400 and injure more than 3,500 by the end of the year.

»» 17 JAN 2016: A baby is born in the U.S. with Zika virus. The mother lived in Brazil in May 2015.

»» 3 FEB 2016: The Director of the Program orders its security director to launch Operation ██████████. Run without the knowledge of the operations director, who handles most actions, ██████████ combs U.S. medical records for DNA profiles indicating Innsmouth ancestry and sends kill teams to █████ ████ ██████████ .

»» 9 MAR 2016: The CDC reports 193 travel-associated Zika virus cases in the U.S.

»» 1 APR 2016: The CDC gathers 300 local, state, and federal officials at its headquarters to coordinate the response to the Zika virus.

»» 21 MAY 2016: ████ █████, aka Agent Aaron, enacts a ritual called “███ █████ ██████,” found in a book that he has studied for ten years. With it, he communes with an █████ intelligence, which reveals things that help the ██████ overcome dire threats. █████ begins to use the █████ ██████to save agents’ lives, and develops an obsession with it that blinds him to his own terrible danger.

»» 12 JUN 2016: In the deadliest terrorist attack in the U.S. since 9/11, Omar Mateen shoots and kills 49 and wounds 53 at Pulse, a nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

»» 23 JUN 2016: British voters decide to leave the EU in a referendum.

»» 26 JUN 2016: █████ █████ agents in the ████████ faction report the extermination of the last identified ██████ of New Orlean’s ██████ clan. They also report signs that individual ██████s fled the city over the years, in human guise.

»» 14 JUL 2016: A cargo truck drives into a Bastille Day crowd in Nice, France, killing 86 and injuring 434. Groups linked to ISIL claim credit.

»» 29 JUL 2016: The CDC confirms four locally-transmitted cases of Zika virus in Miami, Florida, the first of dozens, resulting in a travel warning for the city that lasts until 19 SEP 2016.

»» 12 AUG 2016: Puerto Rico declares a state of public-health emergency due to a Zika virus epidemic.

»» 8 SEP 2016: NASA launches OSIRIS-REx to collect samples from the asteroid 101955 Bennu. It is due to return to Earth in 2023.

»» 3 OCT 2016: The Director of the Program expands Operation ██████████, ordering it to review and act upon neonatal samples taken at U.S. hospitals.

---

---

Deception is a right. Truth is a privilege. Innocence is a luxury. Born of the U.S. government’s 1928 raid on the degenerate coastal town of Innsmouth, Massachusetts, the covert agency known as Delta Green opposes the forces of darkness with honor, but without glory. Delta Green agents slip through the system, manipulating the federal bureaucracy while pushing the darkness back for another day — but often at a shattering personal cost.

Players come to Delta Green for all kinds of reasons. They’re eager to solve a mystery, kill a villain or destroy a monster. These outcomes are possible, but never simple. Sometimes even seeing the threat in a Delta Green operation is enough to destroy a group of agents utterly.

So consider this overview a warning.

Delta Green is about fear.

It may seem to be about other things from time to time. About manipulation. About power. About control. It has all these things, but that’s not what it’s about. It lies.

Delta Green is about an agent, alone and off the record, breaking into an old woman’s house in Brooklyn because for a split-second she cast the shadow of a hunched, monstrous thing with jaws like a jackal.

Delta Green is about two women who pulled off the heist of the Mayan codex from the American Museum of Natural History, an operation six months in the planning, only to burn the stolen book in a pyre of gasoline and wood in an abandoned field, mourning their lost teammates whom it drove to madness.

Delta Green is about watching from the Blackhawk jump seat as something bigger than the forest snatches your strike team’s copters, each of them 11 tons, from the air like flies.

Delta Green is not about guns.
    Delta Green is not about a bug hunt.
    Delta Green is not about understanding.
    Delta Green is about doing your job.
    Delta Green is about the end, and how much of it will you live to see.

And I am looking to run this amazing tabletop RPG for 4 players every other Sunday afternoon. Is there interest? I sure hope so!

(I will run this RPG concurrently with our ongoing Burning Wheel campaign.)
    Last edited by Launch; 22-01-2019 at 13:28.
    4 People have given a Cookie to Launch: Logan.ps, Post Script.ps, Seric.ps, Sloth

🍕Mr🍕Man🍕The🍕Pizza🍕Fan🍕 Post Script's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome to the truth. Welcome to Delta Green. (Call of Cthulhu RPG, players wante

Sounds interesting but I couldn't keep up with both Burning Wheel and Delta Green at the same time - that's too much R in my PG.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: Welcome to the truth. Welcome to Delta Green. (Call of Cthulhu RPG, players wante

Yeah, I realize that for many folks currently in the Burning Wheel campaign it might be a tad too much. I just really want to play more RPGs, get better at running them and run different types to keep my wandering mind sated.

Too bad though, since I am really excited about this. But if there isn't interest, I'll see if I can find a different group to run it with!