Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Player agency at it's finest - Burning Wheel

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Re: Player agency at it's finest - Burning Wheel (Tabletop RPG, players wanted!)

I don't know if I can make this Sunday at the moment, will let you know asap.

My ideal time is weekday nights 8-11ish.

How long were you thinking this will be per session?

If timings don't work out then obvs I'm happy to step aside. Thanks again for organising this

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: Player agency at it's finest - Burning Wheel (Tabletop RPG, players wanted!)

I was thinking maybe 3 hours per session, which is going to be difficult during weekdays because of 1-hour timezone differences + it being on a workday which means I've got work the following day + my girlfriend will be sleeping. Weekdays aren't ideal for me, but if we did, I'd prefer starting at 7pm.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Starting at 7 isn't an issue for me, sorry I hadn't thought about the time zones. I can't do this Sunday unfortunately. How are Sundays for the rest of you guys?

Could a time for the next session each time and not always have it same day to find a common ground?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I'll go with the flow but i'd prefer to avoid weekend evenings just cos 7-10 is my eating and Claud time. I could do Sundays if it was 4pm - 7pm GMT. Weeknights are all much the same. I've voted anyway.
    Cookie given from: Launch

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

That's perfectly okay! The polls now show that Wednesdays and Thursdays are the more preferred dates, so let's say this:

How about we play every other Thursday? That's what our schedule has been like in previous RPGs as well, so for me and some others it might not require much adapting. How does everybody feel about that?
    Cookie given from: Logan.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by ehdoo View Post
    Starting at 7 isn't an issue for me, sorry I hadn't thought about the time zones. I can't do this Sunday unfortunately. How are Sundays for the rest of you guys?

Could a time for the next session each time and not always have it same day to find a common ground?
    I prefer it to be a determined day of the week, since it makes planning life around it a bit easier. EDIT: But if folks rather have it be a different planned out day every week, I'm game for trying it.

🍕Mr🍕Man🍕The🍕Pizza🍕Fan🍕 Post Script's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I think you know the shtick with me Launch due to our Pathfinding / Blades sessions. Generally I can make all weekday nights and Sundays, we just had a turbulent time in the Post/Live camp recently through illnesses and unusual/unfortunate night shift patterns.

Let me break my sitch down for the group:
    There's a 1d6 chance I will work a week of nights, and on a roll of 1 I must flip a coin to see if that will coincide with an RPG session. Most of the time I can use my 'clairvoyance' skill in combination with 'artful dodger' which means we could shift the session 1 week forward or backward to eliminate this clash from occurring.

Then there is also my obligation to Char to provide safe transit to and from her place of work. For this we roll another 1d6 and a value of 1 or 2 means that I will be unavailable at both 17:45-18:00 and 21:55-22:05 for that session. Unfortunately my 'clairvoyance' skill suffers a negative modifier in this instance which then also debuffs my 'artful dodger' perk.

Sunday afternoon is perfect for me but I'm picking up a vibe from ehdoo that this is not a day he can easily commit to.

My offer still stands if Cow wants to take my spot. I'd happily be a fly on the wall.
    2 People have given a Cookie to Post Script: Jeeva, Seric.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

nerd.
    2 People have given a Cookie to Seric: almightybob.ps, Launch

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I am back from Auchtermuchty sooner than anticipated if people wanted to chat about characters still today. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Okay folks, time to jot down another date. How about we start our character building session Thursday 27th of September aka this Thursday at 6pm BST?

Then, Thursday 4th of October we will wrap up whatever set-up we might have left, and begin playing. From then on, we will play every other Thursday.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Suits me, I'll put it in my calendar.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

This Thurs is fine for me, following one I'll be in Cambridge as me and Char are going early

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

That's fine! We'll just get a sesh of set-up going then.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Alright! Thursday is a go! Ehdoo can't make it, but I will make sure to bring him up to date and guide him through the process as well. If any serious changes are to be made to the setting or existing characters, I will make sure that everybody still is accommodated.
    2 People have given a Cookie to Launch: ehdoo, Logan.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

You fellas up for wrapping up character creation and beginning play this Thursday at 6:00 pm?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

i am , yes!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Should be available

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Yeppers, all fine at my end

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Alright, jot 'er down in your calendars boys, we got ourselves a date. We've all said we can make it, and I am excited as hell!
    3 People have given a Cookie to Launch: Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Are we all good to begin our life in the colonies in earnest THURSDAY 18TH at 6PM?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast