Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Destiny 2

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: Destiny 2

Quote Originally Posted by Seric View Post
    Bungie thinks again about the content lockout.

"So you bought the expansion? Well we're going to open up 70% of those benefits to people who didn't pay and removing 70% of the activities you can do to get 330 level gear!"

Top kek.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

The Normal Leviathan Raid and Normal Nightfall would always stay at a Power level that was accessible to all players.
    didnt the min power level for the Normal raid raise by 30 points though?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

To make matters worse, our team overlooked the fact that both of these mistakes disabled Trophies and Achievements for Destiny 2. This was an unacceptable lapse on our part, and we can understand the frustration it has created.
    If you weren't aware, this caused a loophole on the Xbox store which allowed people do gain a full refund because disabling base content is a breach of the Terms of Service by the developer

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    If you weren't aware, this caused a loophole on the Xbox store which allowed people do gain a full refund because disabling base content is a breach of the Terms of Service by the developer
    pretty sure if this wasn't a thing, this hotfix wouldn't exist either

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Just played a couple of games of Fortnight (on PS4) with my brother last night, and my main take away was

"Fucking Bungie...idiots"

1. This game is Cross Platform

2. The "verticality" of this game is INSANE. And console gamers dont care.

(Verticality is the reason cited by bungie for design decisions which greatly limited loads of fun options when designing all their skills and weapons etc.

For example, blinking upwards Dishonored style would be awesome, but is not allowed. The premise here is that verticality is bad because it is too hard for console/joypad players)

In Fortnight, people hop over your head like a TF2 Scout whenever they have a shotgun. And everyone tries to build the highest fort because high ground is so strong.

And its also the most popular console game on the go rn.

TLDR:
    LolBungie. RIP Destiny.
    3 People have given a Cookie to Apoc: Jeeva, Post Script.ps, Sn0w.ps

🍕Mr🍕Man🍕The🍕Pizza🍕Fan🍕 Post Script's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the interesting insights mechanically

I just thought it was:

Kids have little to no income

Fornight = free
    Destiny2 = decidedly not free
    Maths = also free
    Cookie given from: Jeeva

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

The premise here is that verticality is bad because it is too hard for console/joypad players)

In Fortnight ... everyone tries to build the highest fort because high ground is so strong.
    These points are correlated

I personally doubt that Fortnite is popular on console because of verticality, it's more to do with the battle royale game mode and the fact that it benefits a lot from the reward loop mechanics of it's origins (weapon rarities, established loot-box systems, in game chests etc).
    Not to mention it's much more accessible than the alternative Battle Royale games currently.
    (Also, it's free...)

The verticality thing isn't necessarily even a console-vs-pc case, since it's quite common to see feedback stating that flying enemies are just awful in every game. It's probably more obvious an issue on console due to control methods, but hitting airbourne/elevated enemies in most games is a chore IMO.

That said, from the gameplay I've seen of Destiny 2, there seem to be a fair amount of vertical areas and plenty of flying enemies, as well as interesting variated jumping mechanics. So is this more about skill design than anything else?

Mostly asking out of curiosity, I haven't played either game.
    "We do not wish to penalise the machine
    for its inability to shine in beauty competitions, nor to penalise
    a man for losing in a race against an aeroplane." -- A.M.Turing

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Eagle, my point was that Fortnite is popular in spite of verticality, not because of it

It's popular because it is the Hearthstone of Battle Royale games.

Destiny 2 PvP maps are pretty flat, flying abilities usually result in slow gliding and poor accuracy, being in the air is suicide. They increase time to kill a lot from D1 also.
    Basically Destiny 2 PvP sucks because they were so worried about making it too hard on console gamers. Then I just noticed while playing Fortnite, console players don't seem to mind the challenge.

(As far as class design, i think there are a lot of cool things done in TF2/Overwatch/Dishonored that would have been really awesome in Destiny.)

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Eagle, my point was that Fortnite is popular in spite of verticality, not because of it

It's popular because it is the Hearthstone of Battle Royale games.

Destiny 2 PvP maps are pretty flat, flying abilities usually result in slow gliding and poor accuracy, being in the air is suicide. They increase time to kill a lot from D1 also.
    Basically Destiny 2 PvP sucks because they were so worried about making it too hard on console gamers. Then I just noticed while playing Fortnite, console players don't seem to mind the challenge.

(As far as class design, i think there are a lot of cool things done in TF2/Overwatch/Dishonored that would have been really awesome in Destiny.)
    Ah, I see what you mean now

That's fair I guess, from what I saw of D2 streams etcx there looked to be a lot of vertical emphasis, but I didn't watch any PvP, so didn't really consider that side of things
    "We do not wish to penalise the machine
    for its inability to shine in beauty competitions, nor to penalise
    a man for losing in a race against an aeroplane." -- A.M.Turing

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345