Thread: Fun night revival?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Fun night revival?

Lets get started
    I'm gonna need you guys to message me (discord or steam) So I can link gmail accounts to the sheet. And get some game suggestions in! and I'll set myself some alarms to remind me to check the stuff.

Once I get the gmails linked i'll tell you what I need doing, it will probably just be a vote for game, time and date, and if a time gets a clear winner I'll only run that vote once.

Well, there are some changes I might make over time that might make the sheet even easier to navigate and use but that's for another time if I get a bit of time free to mess with scripts.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

So, I've been working a lot more on a spreadsheets recently, and feel like I could set up a simple google sheets to sort out a voting system for some fun nights. Just thought i'd see if people are still interested. I think i'd stick to the same system as last time, we could see how it goes.

I feel choosing games can be a bit spontanious now, there's a lot of different games that we all play and lots of choice, so maybe fun nights isn't the way to go for every game. But I was hoping it would be a nice way to revive an old game that everyone enjoyed, and be able to get a full server of players. What do we think? We happy to put aside time for some fun nights?

Here's the Current Spreadsheet I've made: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Tabs along the bottom to navigate, all sheets should be locked

TLDR: Do I bother reviving fun nights? Are people interested?
    Google sheet -> vote for a game and date -> end of week game and date is chosen -> (bi-weekly? Monthly?) we play game -> Vote for the next game during the following week -> Repeat

The system

- Vote for a GAME and MOST AVAILABLE DATE using the spreadsheet 2 WEEKS in advance.
    - Vote for the most available time, I'm wondering if we vote once and stick to one time, E.g. 8pm every time we play. Or would it be better to vote on a different time each vote?
    - There will be a thread for game suggestions, we need to make sure we have servers and everything else working before we add it to the voting list.
    - Was thinking of sticking to ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS, we'll can see how it goes, maybe we go back to twice a week, or even down to once a month.
    - On the Google Sheet, everyone will have their row for voting locked to their Gmail account. I will need the address to link the row to your account for you. I will have to manually add everyone who wants to vote

I'll probably start piecing together a sheet, so might post some progress soon.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: Fun night revival?

I think you can count cookies as a sign of interest.
    Cookie given from: hazo.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Definitively in for this.

It's maybe not the right time to organize it right now though, as many people are on holidays.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Please add a timezone thingy to the sheet, as in that I know to which (for instance) 20:00 I am making a note: your 20:00 or mine

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

We should probably have an announcements chat on Discord. I know there's plenty of folks who don't come on the forums so much but are on discord almost every day, would be good to keep them in the loop.

Edit: Done, Admins and Moderators can now post in the Discord #announcement chat.
    Last edited by Seric; 28-07-2017 at 14:10.
    3 People have given a Cookie to Seric: hazo.ps, Jeeva, Sloth

Playstuff Member .ps 201TinyTim's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

speaking of discord whats the chat name as the link from the thread isn't working for me

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

That's a good point. If the fun night go through properly could be useful to have a fun night announcements channel on discord that I can keep up to date.

Also I could start adding you guys to the sheet if you want, even if we don't start doing this for another week or 2 to see if we get more interest. I do still need to test locking the cells though if someone wants to be my test hamster.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by 201TinyTim View Post
    speaking of discord whats the chat name as the link from the thread isn't working for me

http://playstuff.net/discord
    2 People have given a Cookie to Seric: 201TinyTim, Jeeva

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

bump?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Bump for what ?
    Suggesting games ?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by cspflo View Post
    Bump for what ?
    Suggesting games ?
    I'm excited for fun nights, I thought we might be voting soon

🍕Mr🍕Man🍕The🍕Pizza🍕Fan🍕 Post Script's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I am interested in the fun nights

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I'm interest in non-spreadsheet based voting

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

But the spreadsheet makes it so much easier, saves me a ton of work, especially if I get some script buttons made. With the way work is right now I've not even had time to think about this for a while.

If we want to get started, I'm gonna need you guys to message me (discord or steam) So I can link gmail accounts to the sheet. And get some game suggestions in!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    I'm interest in non-spreadsheet based voting

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I am possibly the least active PS person in history; i play GW2 more than anything else, and I don't visit the forums frequently.

However, the season of Good Cheer is upon us. I know it's a family time for most people - and not everyone has enough time off from work/studies in order to indulge... BUT...

How about an Xmas Fun Night? It may be 3, 4, 5+ years since I last attended a fun night. But..
    6 People have given a Cookie to Chips: Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, mr.brick, Post Script.ps, Seric.ps, Sloth