Thread: xbass.co.uk design & issues

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

xbass.co.uk design & issues

A while back I had an idea to create a website for small mixes in the D&B genre, it was just a project to help develop my web development skills since my area of work is mainly in networking.

I came up with this.

xbass!

*Note it might down a lot as its hosted on my own apache server and my bandwidths crap. :sadley:

But anyhoo I just need some feedback and a little help on the legality issues on hosting mixes done by other people, I don't mind about me having them its just I'm a little concerned about hosting them on the net.

This is the first time I've released the site to the public eye so ive taken the songs down but left the rest of the site fully functional, its not much but im looking to develop it further. Just need to implement ajax up to my eyes!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    site is clean, nice and effective. I particulary like the effect when listening to a song, it 'greys out' the rest to focus on the current posting.
    But the site is soooo dark! Are you sure you won't want it a little bit more brighter and colorful? I get a bit depressed by the current color settings...

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Good point, a few people have said that to me before also. Problem is I have no idea how to go about changing it without changing the whole site!

Any colour scheme suggestions? I'm crap at design.

I accidentally a whole post. Carbon's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Yeap what mac says. On some laptop screens I bet it would be very hard to read

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Not sure what your level of knowledge is but the colour info will be in the greybox/gb_styles.css file. It'll probably be a hex code like 0ff0e6 - I assume that there will be different codes for the background and post entries, just play around with lighter, darker values or different colours. Here's a handy list to look at.
    ---
    (aka JennyCide.ps)
    putting the Rage in Average
    gromblog (inactive at present)
    Twitter

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Quote Originally Posted by grom View Post
    Not sure what your level of knowledge is but the colour info will be in the greybox/gb_styles.css file. It'll probably be a hex code like 0ff0e6 - I assume that there will be different codes for the background and post entries, just play around with lighter, darker values or different colours. Here's a handy list to look at.
    First off thanks for the feedback so far.

Yeah I hand code my site (if you can call it that), I do it entirely in photoshop and notepad++ (I tend to find dreamweaver a bit bloated for my liking), Ill need to redo the images as there is very little css colour coding involved but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

I did use a site that generates colour schemes so ill refer to that again upon redesign I have a few more ideas that will be put in place hopefully when i can be assed. Just completed my degree in computing and it seems like an effort to do anything computer related at the moment. :frusty:

Anybody have any ideas on the legality of other mixes being posted up on a website without permission from its creator?

I accidentally a whole post. Carbon's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    First off thanks for the feedback so far.

Yeah I hand code my site (if you can call it that), I do it entirely in photoshop and notepad++ (I tend to find dreamweaver a bit bloated for my liking), Ill need to redo the images as there is very little css colour coding involved but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

I did use a site that generates colour schemes so ill refer to that again upon redesign I have a few more ideas that will be put in place hopefully when i can be assed. Just completed my degree in computing and it seems like an effort to do anything computer related at the moment. :frusty:

Anybody have any ideas on the legality of other mixes being posted up on a website without permission from its creator?
    I would recommend dreamweaver. Ignore the WYSIWYG interface entirely as its bloated as crap, but its so useful to be able to see a live preview as you type the code.

Regarding copyright, we had the same consideration with playback.me.uk and I think decided that as long as the public cant download it, it is ok.

And also theres a disclaimer saying that music is the responsability of the uploader