Thread: mr.brick's weekly question (of the week!) #23

It's ALWAYS party time!
    Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

mr.brick's weekly question (of the week!) #23

Hello! It's Saturday, I've got vacation, and it's awesome. I am also of course back with another question. Since my recent questions weren't very good, I've got something else in mind. Yes, something...spooky. It's called SRS BSNSS questions that might spark heavy debate and ultimately destroy the world.

Luckily, that is not my problem.

Anyway, this weeks srs bsnss question is:

Do you support the current leader(s) of your country?

Do think he/she/they is/are doing a good job, or are there things that could be better?
    Last edited by mr.brick; 26-10-2013 at 18:57.
    Error 404: Sig not found

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: mr.brick's weekly question (of the week!) #23

Probably doing a better job than I could do, and I certainly don't want to do it, so yeah, I guess I do support them, though by that merit I'd support anyone in that position.
    Doesn't mean I won't moan about the shitty things they do though.
    "We do not wish to penalise the machine
    for its inability to shine in beauty competitions, nor to penalise
    a man for losing in a race against an aeroplane." -- A.M.Turing

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Gosh no, when they're ignoring HIDING evidence of the best way to do things in favour of a political viewpoint, I really do not.
    Sero's Sig Wuz 'Ere
    "Barbershop Ninjas"

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Some things yes, e.g. Cameron's work on gay marriage has been excellent. For the most part though I disagree with the Tories on almost everything.
    2 People have given a Cookie to almightybob: ehdoo, The Sero.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I have a deep dislike of Tory politics.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Last general election in the uk went like this.

Generalising here but basically the only areas that support the current government are middle and southern england. Considering how much the scots hate the Tories his support here is somewhat lackluster. Especially considering one region of scotland voted for him and he is our leader. As a conservative leader I don't like or dislike him exceptionally but I don't support his party or policies.

I support Alex Salmond as the political leader of Scotland, whether you are for or against independance of Scotland its a hell of an achievement to get a referendum and let the Scots feel they have an actual say in the matter. Also he got Scotland power to do it's own thing with energy and has been getting a lot more towards renewable. Helping Trump get planning permission based on the job creation oppertunities in Aberdeen was a bit meh (hindsight is wonderful) but glad he told him where to stick it regarding if wind farms are being built in view of the course
    Last edited by ehdoo; 27-10-2013 at 12:15.

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by ehdoo View Post
    Considering how much the scots hate the Tories his support here is somewhat lackluster
    Tbh, one of the reasons I will be disappointed if scotland leaves for independence.

I mean, I'm for union anyway (both for the UK, but also for EU, and even a world government (before people say it's only because I'm "english" )), but if scotland leaves, we'll struggle to get a non-tory government...
    Sero's Sig Wuz 'Ere
    "Barbershop Ninjas"

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

uhhh, no?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

The last UK election was more of a backlash - vote for the guy who is the opposite of the one you dislike. Next election is likely to be somewhat similar I would think. I agree with AMB that Cameron has done some good stuff, and you do see little bits of someone trying to do something right between following the tory expectations and defending/slinging back the mud to labor. I think that politics here are of a style that leads to mind-numbingly slow progression - it's more about oneupsmanship and smear campaigns than actually doing what needs to be done. I would like to think that this country would be a lot different if politicians considered the gravitas of what their doing rather than being a bunch of argumentative so-and-so's who appear to have been towards the back of the queue when chins were handed out.
    2 People have given a Cookie to Seric: ehdoo, The Sero.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seric View Post
    I think that politics here are of a style that leads to mind-numbingly slow progression - it's more about oneupsmanship and smear campaigns than actually doing what needs to be done.
    Definitely agree with this, its sad how every time the government brings something in the opposition is obliged to say its a terrible idea and anyone is mad to think otherwise. Regardless of the policy. Would take ours over a senate and 2 party system like the US but nothing is ideal.

Trading Philanthropist AngryPotato's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Definitely not. Both president and government lack morality and make bad choices about economy, education, demography and medicine.
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Seric View Post
    The last UK election was more of a backlash - vote for the guy who is the opposite of the one you dislike. Next election is likely to be somewhat similar I would think. I agree with AMB that Cameron has done some good stuff, and you do see little bits of someone trying to do something right between following the tory expectations and defending/slinging back the mud to labor. I think that politics here are of a style that leads to mind-numbingly slow progression - it's more about oneupsmanship and smear campaigns than actually doing what needs to be done. I would like to think that this country would be a lot different if politicians considered the gravitas of what their doing rather than being a bunch of argumentative so-and-so's who appear to have been towards the back of the queue when chins were handed out.
    It's a shame AV didn't get in, on that topic, that would have been a step forward in moving away from the 2 party system, where it's more effective to bad mouth your opponent than explain your own ideas.
    Last edited by The Sero; 28-10-2013 at 19:39.
    Sero's Sig Wuz 'Ere
    "Barbershop Ninjas"

The artist formerly known as
    Nuttmegger
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

It's hard to support someone when you aren't exactly sure what use they are for.
    2 People have given a Cookie to DK: ehdoo, Khyber

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I must say that Reinfeldt gives a stable impression, but politically I don't agree very much. It really doesn't feel like it would make all too much difference whatever you voted for. If you go for the right you'll get the blue alliance with the moderates ruling most stuff and if you go centre or left you'll end up with a red-green alliance with the social democrats ruling. The blue are all for tax reductions and are about to launch their fifth major tax reduction, while the red-greens all oppose it, they've said they wouldn't change anything if the came to power. It's all like choosing between a rock and a hard place.

In general the north of Sweden (as well as industrial/mill towns) votes red and the rest of Sweden blue.
    Spoiler: Reveal

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

no.

Neox - Norse warrior god with the skills and tenacity of a dead wombat.