Thread: Under Construction Banner for PlayStuff Community Maps in Development

Playstuff Member .ps MaDsPLoiTz's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Under Construction Banner for PlayStuff Community Maps in Development

Banner for use in maps that are under development by PlayStuff community members.

Original banner made by Youme.
    Banner edited for PlayStuff by MaDsPLoiTz.

Edit your name in, of course, and plaster them on your map to send people to the PlayStuff forums to find your thread.

When editing your name in, the font you want to use is called tf2build and can be found in Drive:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<steamusername>\team fortress 2\tf\resource\. Copy the file into Drive:\WINDOWS\Fonts\ to access it in applications.

Downloads:
    Banner Template Photoshop File
    Banner Template Bitmap File
    Banner Template PNG File
    Banner Template Serif PhotoPlus File
    tf2build.TTF Font File
    Last edited by almightybob; 13-10-2009 at 07:56. Reason: Fixed fixed the embed :)
    I renamed on Steam to 784. Madsploitz is a silly name, and was from absolutely ages ago, so I don't use it anymore.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    really nice job mate

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Thanks, I decided just to use my mediafire account for the files as if I were to make a blog post, I'd like it to be when I have a bit more content, like a "Getting Started in Mapping" kind of thing rather than just the one resource.
    I renamed on Steam to 784. Madsploitz is a silly name, and was from absolutely ages ago, so I don't use it anymore.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    fair enough - i guess peeps will use their blogs differently. Me - i just spam the feck outta mine

btw if you were to write a 'getting started in mapping' i'd suggest an 'article' would be the best format to use - it's a more permenant content type in that it will then be added to the 'uber searchable' archives

I must get round to a vid / guide to getting the best out of Playportal - it's all very well me having built in lots of features, but it's pretty cryptic using some i think....?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt View Post
    btw if you were to write a 'getting started in mapping' i'd suggest an 'article' would be the best format to use - it's a more permenant content type in that it will then be added to the 'uber searchable' archives

I must get round to a vid / guide to getting the best out of Playportal - it's all very well me having built in lots of features, but it's pretty cryptic using some i think....?
    Ah, sounds very cool, well I'm just thinking about it now, but I know how hard the basic stuff was for me to figure out when I got interested in mapping, so I'd like to basically combine every resource and piece of information that I can for ease of use.

Yeah, pretty much every day you mention something I didn't know existed... =/

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Bumping this thread.

Since we moved to a more 'popular' map rotation, I miss alot of customs on the Teamplay server. Especially our community made maps.

The reason they are out the rotation is that we have plenty of admins to select them ad hoc, the rest of the time the server stays busier.

However, for Community Made Customs - ie Playstuff tested and community encouraged to make a special place in their hearts for a map, it would be a great help if we had the Playstuff banner on them.

If you make a custom map, that reaches completion, it is eligable for a place on the Teamplay rotation. However, it MUST contain graphic art in it with a simple shout for the Playstuff community.

I'll leave you to chose the graphic format it takes - either a simple sign or a fancy stylised poster. As long as it's clear it's a community map.

Once added, your map will be popularised by being included in the Teamplay rotation, and you can expect the full support of the community in making and promoting it.

Cheers.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Shiny!

Unreformed Convict SleeperService's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    consider arse meshed with gears correctly

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    download links seem borked for this - they just hang If someone manages to get them, could they host them on their Playground hosting? or upload to a Dropbox account.....Boylee and are are getting ready to release the alpha

If you click here and sign up for a free 2GB a month dropbox, people can share files with you super easily and I get an extra 250mb a month

Cloud based file storage and sync / collaboration tool.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

OK, we have a new banner, with Ninja's

Here is the Large version (pictured) of the under construction banner. Cheers to Boylee for the excellent work!

Attached is the photshop file for the medium version - for use on all maps under construction. If you need other formats, or sizes, post here.

don't forget you'll need to create a vtf and a vmt, then pakrat the texture into your map, before building the cubemaps.
    Attached Images
    2 People have given a Cookie to Logan: DJive.ps, SleeperService.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    LOVE the new under construction banner.

Question though, granted end user could do it, but mind if we play around with the placement of the ninja? I love'em, I just prefer a more angled position.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    don't mind that AT ALL matey

Greater crested hermit ninja Boylee's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    I'll upload the illustrator file too if that helps.
    cp_triplet - ctf_chicane - cp_cruff - pl_clifftop

--------------------------------------------------------------
    [UC] Boylee is in an unknown country.