Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: General Guild Wars 2 Chat

Registered Member
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

General Guild Wars 2 Chat

I wasn't really sure where I should post this so I made a new thread to do with anything GW2 post release related, hoping it would be handy.

I'm mostly wondering how everybody is leveling, I've decided to skip WvW for the time being to let more people get badges for siege weapons and it will speed up the exp rewards. I've started completing maps(Hearts, skill challenges, vistas etc) and found it oddly addictive. So far I've been jumping between asura/sylvari and human areas since they're the closest. I'm leaving charr/norn areas for later.
    Usually I just complete a map then go back and bring my personal storyline up to my current level.

Crafting is going quite slowly with so many resource nodes I get lazy and skip loads.. I'm not sure what level your expected to hit 75 with your crafting but I'm 32 and neither of mine are up there yet.. With a max of 400 something tells me im lagging behind massively. I read today that the first person to legitimately hit 80 went from 60-80 with just crafting.

Also reguarding the level 30 dungeon(35 for the explorable mode I think) Ascalon Catacombs, I will definitly be up for doing it this weekend. I got a letter today showing me the entrance and it looks like quite a way away
    I'd love to get a couple of groups going this weekend for anybody high enough, I've got 3/4 friends that will be up around that level too so we could get 2 groups going hopefully. I'll be on all weekend and would love to farm the hell out of it! The explorable mode does look interesting and I never got high enough in any of the betas to try it out.

I don't like to spoil a storyline but anybody who has followed the lore and seen the Destiny's Edge cut scene which is the lead up to the storyline of the Ascalon Catacombs(I think the abbreviation is AC30) looks pretty epic. It all ties in with the 'end game' content so even if you don't like lore its worth watching!
    Last edited by pukey; 29-08-2012 at 01:04. Reason: Illiteracy

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: General Guild Wars 2 Chat

Quote Originally Posted by pukey View Post
    So far I've been jumping between asura/sylvari and human areas since they're the closest. I'm leaving charr/norn areas for later.
    Usually I just complete a map then go back and bring my personal storyline up to my current level.

Also reguarding the level 30 dungeon(35 for the explorable mode I think) Ascalon Catacombs, I will definitly be up for doing it this weekend. I got a letter today showing me the entrance and it looks like quite a way away
    I'd love to get a couple of groups going this weekend for anybody high enough, I've got 3/4 friends that will be up around that level too so we could get 2 groups going hopefully. I'll be on all weekend and would love to farm the hell out of it! The explorable mode does look interesting and I never got high enough in any of the betas to try it out.
    Strangely I've been doing the same, mainly Asura Sylvari and Human areas. As for the Catacombs, I completed Story mode in the beta and it's really great, not particularly difficult, but Explorable mode, that sure as hell is, didn't get too far at all.
    I'm around level 30 so I'd be up for it, I may have already done it by then if my mates level by then, but would be up for it again

I have to say I have been thoroughly enjoying the personal story and having played a character briefly to lvl 9 then switching to this one, I have been pleasantly surprised at the extent the missions vary based on your choices.

As for levelling, I'm doing a bit of everything really, more PvE than anything else, but dipping into PvP and WvW too
    Heart Quests seem to be the best source of Exp and Gold outside of Personal Story.
    Waiting for the Trading Post to become available so I can get some good gear and income from loot going.
    "We do not wish to penalise the machine
    for its inability to shine in beauty competitions, nor to penalise
    a man for losing in a race against an aeroplane." -- A.M.Turing

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

If you received a password reset email and you did not request it, please delete that email. Do not click on the link in the message.

We are investigating the issue.

Thank you.

~RB
    Be careful. A friend of my brother claimed he's been hacked,
    Apparently people don't need to verify anything to change your password
    I don't think he's been hacked, but I think he may have clicked it, by the way the GW2 team put it, it sounds like it's broken and fucks up your account details. But it could be a hack. I had 4 of these emails pop up, deleted them all, but did read the first line which said.
    Someone has requested to change your password (hopefully it was you!)
    which seems kind of formal for this kind of thing. Could be Anets way of doing things, but the email just seems a bit dodgey.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

How many missions do I do before I can meet up with other people and do non race/class-specific stuff?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Seric View Post
    How many missions do I do before I can meet up with other people and do non race/class-specific stuff?
    You're free to travel to other race's start zones as soon as you leave the instanced area you start in - generally the second zones (15-25) are less biased to a single race, and the first dungeon is available at level 30.

Edit: also, you can group up to do personal story missions to make them easier at any time.
    02:24 - Focusknock: why is it that I find you with a moomin avatar unsurprising and fitting
    02:24 - Focusknock: why are you so good as a moomin

Administrator
    L4D2 Group Co-ordinator
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

This morning there was a widely-publicized, newly-introduced exploit in which specific cultural weapons were selling for one-thousandth of their normal price. We fixed it with an emergency build this morning. We want to thank the vast majority of players who became aware of the issue, responsibly reported it, and did not exploit it. However, a smaller group of players did significantly exploit it, each purchasing hundreds or thousands of these weapons. We permanently banned 3,000 accounts of players who substantially exploited it, and applied 72-hours bans to another 1,000 accounts of players who mildly exploited
    0_

I did buy one of those weapons, had no idea they were especially cheap
    3 People have given a Cookie to Hawk: Cowmugger, Spudd, The Sero.ps
    Last.Played

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

A level 60 weapon selling for 21 karma didn't seem suspicious?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Epic fail. Game arrived, but I have no disc drive to put it in
    2 People have given a Cookie to Chips: Apoc.ps, MacNetron.ps

Billionaire Extraordinaire Two monkeys from a Tzu.'s Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    I don't play Guild Wars, but mabye there is some kind of account setting that lets you enter the CD key you got and download the game from their site.
    It will probably take ages but I guess all the patches you'd have to install for a retail copy to be up to date would be in the same ballpark.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    I don't think there is an MMO available with CD install. Pretty much ever MMO is downloaded off a client, and if there is a retail version available, it will only hold a key to activate an account. Sorry to tell you but you will have to download the game.

Administrator
    L4D2 Group Co-ordinator
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3agle View Post
    A level 60 weapon selling for 21 karma didn't seem suspicious?
    wut? It was selling for 1.4k instead of the 9k now
    Last.Played

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

If it's downloading the game, then I won't be playing for weeks... and there are 2 dvd's in the package - so unless there is some very strange marketing going on - it's the full game

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

GW1 had disc installing, but with a ton of patches to download afterwards. You should be able to install this from disc and there aren't too many patches, but I have no experience with GW2 discs so I can't be sure.
    02:24 - Focusknock: why is it that I find you with a moomin avatar unsurprising and fitting
    02:24 - Focusknock: why are you so good as a moomin

Administrator
    L4D2 Group Co-ordinator
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

It's about 16GB to download I guess, unless stuff is packed or something
    Last.Played

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

So, this any good then?

Reviews seem positive

Administrator
    L4D2 Group Co-ordinator
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I JUST KILLED THE SHATTERER.

God that was an awesome world event
    Last.Played

(1)Spudd has joined the game. Spudd's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    So, this any good then?

Reviews seem positive
    It's better than SWTOR.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I JUST KILLED THE SHATTERER.

God that was an awesome world event
    WHY ON EVERY WORLD EVENT THE GAME DIES AND I CAN'T GET BACK ON BECAUSE OF ALL THE PEOPLE TRYING TO LOG BACK IN.
    oh wait, I forgot you get in every time straight away hawk .
    I must have killed about 3 world bosses, but not got the reward because I lose connection right as it's about to die. One I was even the first person to see it spawn, I saw it coming out the ground.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    wut? It was selling for 1.4k instead of the 9k now
    The bans were for tier 2 cultural weapons that were supposed to be 21000 karma but were selling for 21 karma.
    Like it says in the bit you quoted, the value was a thousandth of the intended price
    I think I heard of the one you found, but I don't think people have been banned over that exploit/mistake.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spudd View Post
    It's better than SWTOR.

Well, i would hardly have needed a review to tell me that much!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast