Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: WPTF2L Highlander Discussion Thread

Greater crested hermit ninja Boylee's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: WPTF2L Highlander Discussion Thread - need more names!

You said Friday the 1st a few posts up.

I can probably make it on thursday at 8.30.
    Cookie given from: Sn0w.ps
    cp_triplet - ctf_chicane - cp_cruff - pl_clifftop

--------------------------------------------------------------
    [UC] Boylee is in an unknown country.

Trading Philanthropist AngryPotato's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Ok the game the against Osmoz is provisionally set for 8.30pm BST on Thursday 31st June
    Yeah, these are for Thursday.

So, seems we have 11 people available then - 20:30: Sloth, Snow, Xearo, Konflict, Wondwi, Calump, Clung, Seric, Ehdoo, Spudd, Boylee (total of 11)
    Players who played in previous match: Spudd, Calump, Snow, Wondwi, Sloth, Xearo (subbed), Seric (so Konflict, Clung, Ehdoo and Boylee, perhaps Xearo too, get the priority, I guess )
    Unfortunately no regular scout player (by that I mean people, who actively scouted in previous highlanders - Jimmy, Apoc, Krazko) here again, (although I'm not sure about Boylee, weren't you a scout too?) so it would be nice if anyone could volunteer to play scout

Scout - Boylee?
    Soldier - Konflict, Xearo, Spudd
    Pyro - Wondwi, Snow
    Demoman - Xearo, Spudd, Konflict, Boylee
    Heavy - Clungineer, Snow
    Engie - Ehdoo, Boylee
    Medic - Calump, Snow
    Sniper - Sloth, Spudd
    Spy - Seric, Xearo
    Last edited by AngryPotato; 30-05-2012 at 17:40. Reason: lol imma potato!
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Do I count since I subbed? I'm a terrible scout I'm afraid :| I know quite a few people on that list are good scouts, though. It's your time to shine, guys! ;D

Also, any chance we have enough people around tonight/before the match tomorrow to do some sort of practice on this map? Could potentially find a team to play against on #tf.wars if we don't have enough for doubles, I guess.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Yeah, you subbed in the second half, so probably you should be in the main squad this time
    I made a suggestion who can play what, but maybe I'll leave the final decision to Snow, as he's our main organiser in Wireplay tournament (of course feel free to make suggestions, as always)
    Remember, the match is both ctf_converge and viaduct_pro, don't forget viaduct (we should have our viaduct tactic somewhere... cast of the previous viaduct match)
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPotato View Post
    Yeah, these are for Thursday.

So, seems we have 11 people available then - 20:30: Sloth, Snow, Xearo, Konflict, Wondwi, Calump, Clung, Seric, Ehdoo, Spudd, Boylee (total of 11)
    Players who played in previous match: Spudd, Calump, Snow, Wondwi, Sloth, Xearo (subbed), Seric (so Konflict, Clung, Ehdoo and Boylee, perhaps Xearo too, get the priority, I guess )
    Unfortunately no regular scout player (by that I mean people, who actively scouted in previous highlanders - Jimmy, Apoc, Krazko) here again, (although I'm not sure about Boylee, weren't you a scout too?) so it would be nice if anyone could volunteer to play scout

Scout - Boylee?
    Soldier - Konflict, Xearo, Spudd
    Pyro - Wondwi, Snow
    Demoman - Xearo, Spudd, Konflict, Boylee
    Heavy - Clungineer, Snow
    Engie - Ehdoo, Boylee
    Medic - Calump, Snow
    Sniper - Sloth, Spudd
    Spy - Seric, Xearo
    Yeah ok well I don't mind sitting this one out, I will be online as sub and to help organise a bit beofre match hopefully

Team wise Angry that is not far off what I was thinking, the players who have not played thus far + Xearo will have priority in this one to keep the whole squad happy. If you intend playing on Thursday plz make sure you have at least a couple of games tonight on the teamplay to get aqainted with the map Start wise is pretty easy so we will discuss it tomorrow/tonight on vent

On a side note Im pretty sure we are playing away on Osmoz server I will post details up ASAP. BUT if there is any problems will our server be ok to use ? Is it upto date etc ? And has it got the right config loaded to it ?
    Cookie given from: AngryPotato

(1)Spudd has joined the game. Spudd's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Yeah, just to clarify I'm quite happy to play either Demo, Solly or Sniper

Jimmy has also informed me he's willing to play scout too

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Yep, exams all done so am free to play whatever.

Greater crested hermit ninja Boylee's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    I can play a decent pub scout, not sure I'm ready for comp scout though. Maybe if someone gave me a rundown of how those maps go for comp scout I could pull it off. On the whole much safer to let Jimmy take that spot. I pretty much main engie so id be comfy playing that. I can fill scout, sniper and spy slots if needed but I'm by no means the best at any of those out of our squad. I don't even bother pretending I can keep up with comp demos these days.

Edit: our comp server is not running or up to date as far as I'm aware. I don't have the time to set it up at the moment either. Crunch period at work means I'm lucky to get home before 8:30 at the minute. In fact if we have the numbers I'm happy to sit this out to be honest.
    2 People have given a Cookie to Boylee: AngryPotato, Sn0w.ps
    cp_triplet - ctf_chicane - cp_cruff - pl_clifftop

--------------------------------------------------------------
    [UC] Boylee is in an unknown country.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Sorry to hear you're so busy We have the numbers, so you don't have to hurry for tomorrow's match. In fact, you and Ehdoo both want to play engie, so we would have to decide which one of you two gets the class anyway. If you agree, Ehdoo will be engie tomorrow and you'll have the priority in next match.

Then the roster would be like that:
    Scout - Jimmy
    Soldier - Konflict
    Pyro - Wondwi or Snow
    Demoman - Xearo
    Heavy - Clungineer
    Engie - Ehdoo
    Medic - Calump
    Sniper - Sloth or Spudd (I'd say Sloth, because he dropped in the middle of previous match)
    Spy - Seric
    Some blue text here

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I'm only free on Saturday and Sunday these days :/

(1)Spudd has joined the game. Spudd's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Well if Xearo's confirmed for demo, give me a shout in steam mate and I'll can maybe shed some light on sticky trap locations and routes if you want
    Cookie given from: Boylee.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

http://playstuff.net/showthread.php/...etition-Thread

Server details for tonights match are up in the other thread. Also can ppl please fill out Doodle for week 4 in that thread too, cheers.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I'm happy to engie this one then and Boylee can take the next match. Gonna use some of this afternoon to practice learning the maps

Registered Member
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Something has come up with the girlfriend for tonight and it's unlikely I'll be able to play this evening so sn0w should take Heavy. I'll jump on if that changes though, but she needs a lift to a meeting with a publisher interested in her short stories!
    5 People have given a Cookie to Clungineer: AngryPotato, Boylee.ps, ehdoo, MacNetron.ps, Xearo

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Very exciting news there! Hope that all goes well. I just found out I got into my honours course at uni good day for all
    Cookie given from: MrKonflict.ps

Registered Member
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Clungineer View Post
    Something has come up with the girlfriend for tonight and it's unlikely I'll be able to play this evening so sn0w should take Heavy. I'll jump on if that changes though, but she needs a lift to a meeting with a publisher interested in her short stories!
    She's getting her own lift so I'll be ble to play and I'll be around to practice on the unknown maps too

Registered Member MrKonflict.ps's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Very exciting news there! Hope that all goes well. I just found out I got into my honours course at uni good day for all
    Grats dude
    Mr Konflict Indeed.

Hell's to the yes!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I thought we were going to use the Playstuff calendar to ensure matches were know to all? I appreciate there is a thread here - but if you're not sharp it's easy to miss a match day. I'm not sharp

Would have enjoyed casting tonight - but only just woken up and found out about it, with 20 mins to go and other stuff to do.

Anyway, qq, spilt milk etc. Good luck in tonights game guys and if you can get a demo file from the source tv i'll cast it offline.
    Last edited by Logan; 01-06-2012 at 01:31.
    Cookie given from: Sloth.ps
    Twitter @Logan_ps - Twitch.tv Logan

Registered Member
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

It was a pleasure to play again against you, shoutout to jimmy who was a problem for me
    Osmoz's spy.
    7 People have given a Cookie to Soul79: almightybob.ps, DK, ehdoo, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Sn0w.ps, Xearo

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Soul79 View Post
    It was a pleasure to play again against you, shoutout to jimmy who was a problem for me
    Osmoz's spy.
    It was good playin' against you guys too; thanks for dropping by! You were a serious pain on viaduct