Thread: Article: Playstuff Studios Live: About The Game - Wednesday at 20:00 BST (GMT+1)

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Article: Playstuff Studios Live: About The Game - Wednesday at 20:00 BST (GMT+1)

Cookie given from: Boylee.ps

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Wish I could make it, with have to catch it on youtube afterwards.

Now even more spooky!
    Spam Prince Vegeta
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: Article: Playstuff Studios Live: About The Game - Wednesday at 20:00 BST (GMT+1)

Is there an chat function in this? I didn't found one myself. I'm currently waiting for a new mic as i rolled over the cable of my old one.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Bumping to the forum so that all aware aware. Tune in at http://twitch.tv/playstuff and find out more About The Game!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    There is no chat fundtion as far as I know - although i'm going to be testing everything shortly. You are able to chat in our Twitch.tv chat room though - and there will be very little delay in the stream, so your comments will be read by me and added into context.

Administrator
    L4D2 Group Co-ordinator
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Re: Article: Playstuff Studios Live: About The Game - Wednesday at 20:00 BST (GMT+1)

There is a chat function!
    I know cause I tried it earlier today
    It's somewhere in the upper left corner
    Last.Played

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Indeed. I sussed that out in the end

OP editted to include the VoD of tonights 'show'.

Administrator
    L4D2 Group Co-ordinator
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Something interesting for later broadcasts.
    Apparently there's a Hangout on Air coming. It allows for automatic recording to youtube and allows spectators to view the Hangout.
    I'm not sure about the specifics, it's not available everywhere yet. But it seems some people are able to start one already.
    Last.Played

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Something interesting for later broadcasts.
    Apparently there's a Hangout on Air coming. It allows for automatic recording to youtube and allows spectators to view the Hangout.
    I'm not sure about the specifics, it's not available everywhere yet. But it seems some people are able to start one already.
    Found this about it:

https://support.google.com/plus/bin/...3242&ctx=topic

Seems interesting.

Now even more spooky!
    Spam Prince Vegeta
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    PS, that sexy face at 5:50 isn't Eagles, its mine
    I'll try to get an webcam next time, felt so weird watching some people with and some people without a webcam hah.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Cool stuff bud - yeah, the idea was that all would have webcams. Was slightly taken aback when I realised it was just Sloth and I.

I may try this using Skype next time too. Problem with the Google Hangout is that my video will always be out of sync with my audio. The rest of the people will be in time - it's because the audio comes from my Mic while the video comes via the hangout - and the hangout takes the cam over, so I can't use it seperately.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I have one attached to this laptop I've had for a couple of years, I've never really paid it much heed until now. Next show we do I'll make sure I'm there and bring my face with me. When I watched it on YouTube I kept wanting to reply to things before realising the only ears my comments would fall on belong to my hamster.
    On a side note, this caused me to have a play around with the webcam software that came with my laptop. Once you get around all the silly emoticons and hats (yes, hats!) It's actually pretty neat and has all sorts of features for media/desktop sharing or simply recording. I would recommend it, but I think it's only available for Dell customers and apparently only works on their hardware.

Cowl Squad - Caber Division Tactical Medic Removal Ltd. "We Caber give a toss"

Cowmugger.ps: maybe I'll kill less babies
    Cowmugger.ps: don't quote me on that

Trustworthy

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I don't have a webcam at the moment, but I may get one shortly if we intend to continue google hangout broadcasts.
    Though as we get further into the project hopefully we'll have more video of the actual game/development to stream to people.
    "We do not wish to penalise the machine
    for its inability to shine in beauty competitions, nor to penalise
    a man for losing in a race against an aeroplane." -- A.M.Turing

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Sorry Mark, but just watched it and my 1st thoughts was who is the guy with the beard and buddy holly glasses hehehe

I've got a webcam somewhere and great idea, shame it couldnt be just for a general hangout meets.