Thread: New Book: The Year In Starcraft II

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

New Book: The Year In Starcraft II

I can heartily recommend you guys take a look at this great new book covering Starcraft II 2011.

It's available in print form from amazon or as an e-book for most formats.

Additionally, the author has offered it as a downloadable PDF, which is in fact free - althoughif you enjoy it, or just want to support the author, who plans a book a year, by making a payment of whatever you feel is appropriate.

It's good stuff.

The artist formerly known as
    Nuttmegger
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Re: New Book: The Year In Starcraft II

Cool idea, but really, a book; in book form? - With no videos and links and shizzle? Like, keep with the times.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Re: New Book: The Year In Starcraft II

Have you checked it out?

Is it possible that there is already shit tonnes of video content on the web for sc2 and some of us occasionally like to sit down and just read a comprehensive and well written book? Different strokes. I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I'd be pretty gutted if books died out. Times change for sure - but it doesn't follow that old media is dead; even if it now comes packaged as an eBook.

It's probably aimed at people who welcome a lack of distraction with lots of links and embedded videos, people who already get that elsewhere or who read whilst travelling and don't want a chapter spoiled because they have no wifi//3g signal so have to skip chunks of content...or simply at people who like to take a break from their screen and immerse themselves in reading (myself included). Good on him for daring to focus on what he loves; writing; and for providing those of us who are pretty obsessed with the scene with something to keep on our regularly replenished bookshelves.