Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: An unfortunate necessity

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

An unfortunate necessity

This is always an awkward topic to discuss amongst friends, but I'm afraid sometimes the issue of money has to be raised, and this is one of those times.

It costs a lot to keep Playstuff running. The resources we happily provide drain the coffers more quickly than you'd think. We have many generous subscribers who pay an annual fee to keep Playstuff alive, and our gratitude to the people who do that cannot be easily put into words, but we are running low on funds despite their generosity.

I'd ask you, if you frequent our forums or are a regular on the Teamplay, to consider giving any small sum you can afford to help us continue to provide the friendly gaming atmosphere that's brought us together.
    We're not going to, and never will, demand or force people to pay. Nor will anyone be looked down upon or treated differently if they can't or choose not to contribute. Many of you (myself included) are students for whom money is always tight. But if you can spare even the cost of a couple of pints it would really help us.

If you do decide to give, just click the "Monies" button at the bottom of every page, or for subscriptions just click the tab at the top.

Thanks.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Re: An unfortunate necessity

I get paid this friday. I'll see what I can spare. I love this site, and I don't ever want to see it go away.
    8 People have given a Cookie to Leminnes: almightybob.ps, Boylee.ps, grom.ps, Jeeva, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps, The Sero.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Ever since I joined Playstuff, I've always felt that I should donate a good amount of money. I use this forum everyday, and has brought lots of great games of TF2 and also lots of other games. But sadly I have no way of paying anything over the internet myself. My best attempt is to persuade my parents to do it, but they are pretty hard to break, especially when it's money over the internet (they have a major problem with it for some reason). I'll try my best to contribute, because I NEVER want to see this community break, and I know it won't

Now even more spooky!
    Spam Prince Vegeta
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Problem for me is that the only way to donate is through paypal, and i really hate that company so i will never use it again.
    Could there possibly be another way?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I started a subscription as well as a small contribution, it's not much but at least it's more than nothing.
    I've had a lot of fun playing on the TF2 servers and look forward to have plenty more of that.
    Last edited by grom; 08-03-2012 at 14:09. Reason: cookies
    6 People have given a Cookie to Khyber: grom.ps, Jimmy', Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps, The Sero.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Playstuff needs to exist until the ends of time. So thankyou for reminding me about this, several times I have put the donating money thing into my "Do Tomorrow" box. The thing about that box is that it always gets done tomorrow.
    So instead I put in my "Do Right Now" box and did it right now.

I'm more than happy to contribute to keeping this place going
    6 People have given a Cookie to Equinoxo: almightybob.ps, grom.ps, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps, The Sero.ps
    Cowl Squad - Caber Division Tactical Medic Removal Ltd. "We Caber give a toss"

Cowmugger.ps: maybe I'll kill less babies
    Cowmugger.ps: don't quote me on that

Trustworthy

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Enjoy dinner.
    6 People have given a Cookie to Wondwi: almightybob.ps, grom.ps, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps, The Sero.ps
    Jeeva: mobile graphics are only a little better than mixed cheese salad, at rendering

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

If the teamplay were to go away, where would I do my teamplaying? (and for that matter, who with?)

Donating.
    6 People have given a Cookie to Jimmy': almightybob.ps, grom.ps, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps, The Sero.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

As a personal note - a big thank you to everyone has has donated, it really is much appreciated, every penny does count.
    Even if you don't have any way of donating (paypal issues, not actually having any money to give), your contributions to the community are noticed, welcomed and appreciated.

MANLOVE!
    6 People have given a Cookie to grom: almightybob.ps, AngryPotato, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps, The Sero.ps
    ---
    (aka JennyCide.ps)
    putting the Rage in Average
    gromblog (inactive at present)
    Twitter

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by awesome-o View Post
    Problem for me is that the only way to donate is through paypal, and i really hate that company so i will never use it again.
    I'm not sure but I'll try to find out.

And huge thanks to everyone Much manlove <3
    3 People have given a Cookie to almightybob: awesome-o, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Still got a sub running but what better use for an averdraft than a wee donation That can be for the football the other week you didn't let me give you anything for Brian
    6 People have given a Cookie to Rev: almightybob.ps, grom.ps, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps, The Sero.ps
    Burning Ice and Biting Flame!

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Manlove to all, man I love this place

I shall drop some in the pot on my way past
    5 People have given a Cookie to The Sero: almightybob.ps, grom.ps, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps
    Sero's Sig Wuz 'Ere
    "Barbershop Ninjas"

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I've remained quiet in public on this subject - I was always very happy to cover any shortfalls in our costs; what started out as a passion project has matured into a community stacked to the brim with superb folks who make my life what it is. In truth, I was a little embarrassed to make this post myself since I've always received far more satisfaction and warmth from all of you than anyone could put a price on. Many of you have been long time donators - and Many more have now filled my inbox with Paypal e-mails I've actually been rather overwhelmed by your response and even shed a tear or two.

So, from me, a huge thanks to Brian (Almightybob.ps) for bringing the issue of our financial needs to the community, to all the other Admins and Moderators who have always worked so hard to make Playstuff special - and to Everyone else - without whom non of this would be possible. I want to echo Grom as well - if you can't afford to give, please don't - just share a bit of manlove around the servers/forum and you'll be doing your bit!

Thank you all again,

I love you very much!
    8 People have given a Cookie to Logan: 3agle.ps, almightybob.ps, Boylee.ps, grom.ps, Khyber, MacNetron.ps, Overload, Post Script.ps
    Twitter @Logan_ps - Twitch.tv Logan

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I have some money coming through this weekend, kinda waiting for that since I'm a lowly student, but once I get it I'd be more than happy to donate.
    This forum is the best thing I have discovered(well, been introduced to) on the internet and it's such a fantastic community I'll do whatever I can to see it continue
    6 People have given a Cookie to 3agle: almightybob.ps, Boylee.ps, grom.ps, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps
    "We do not wish to penalise the machine
    for its inability to shine in beauty competitions, nor to penalise
    a man for losing in a race against an aeroplane." -- A.M.Turing

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by awesome-o View Post
    [...]

You could pay me (easy because us being both Dutch) and I paypal it through to PS.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Colt View Post
    if you can't afford to give, please don't - just share a bit of manlove around the servers/forum and you'll be doing your bit!

Thank you all again,

I love you very much!
    Unfortunately man love isn't a legitimate currency that keeps a server operational, although i am assuming none of the admins are selling their bodies to the staff of their web host for favours.

Here's 15 squid i had laying around... ignore the blood stains.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Now that's an idea!!! <3
    Twitter @Logan_ps - Twitch.tv Logan

Greater crested hermit ninja Boylee's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Quote Originally Posted by grazr View Post
    Unfortunately man love isn't a legitimate currency that keeps a server operational...
    No but our community wouldn't be anything without it.
    4 People have given a Cookie to Boylee: almightybob.ps, grazr, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps
    cp_triplet - ctf_chicane - cp_cruff - pl_clifftop

--------------------------------------------------------------
    [UC] Boylee is in an unknown country.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

been like equi ("I'll do it tomorrow")
    but I have now set up a subscription
    Last edited by grom; 10-03-2012 at 19:28. Reason: cookies
    6 People have given a Cookie to Krazko: almightybob.ps, grom.ps, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, Post Script.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I don't do subscriptions - only charities get subscriptions! Therefore posts like this are vital to remind me what time of year it is, and therefore it's time to find la wallet and dust off the cobwebs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast