Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Highlander Practice Thread - scrim vs Osmoz, Sunday 29th 8 BST?

Billionaire Extraordinaire Two monkeys from a Tzu.'s Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: ETF2L Highlander Practice Match - Sat 3rd Dec @ 8.30pm (All welcome, so get in he

Quote Originally Posted by Cowmugger View Post
    Well played to everyone, and a big thanks to the two people who showed up for the opposition (sticky and someone who's name I've forgotten, how embarrassing :<). Lots of fun was had, and I hope that it was helpful to Monday's team! Also, hopefully the quick game on Badwater will help week 5's match.
    The other 'merc' was dizAmbiguation from cwclan. Solid pyro play. Thanks for helping out mates.
    2 People have given a Cookie to Two monkeys from a Tzu.: Cowmugger

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: ETF2L Highlander Practice Match - Sat 3rd Dec @ 8.30pm (All welcome, so get in he

I concur with the general reaction to the games - great fun. I'm really looking forward to watching the cast.

I think perhaps it might be fun to do this sort of thing more often even when we're not playing in a Highlander tournament. Perhaps we could have intra-playstuff games weekly or something. For week 5 practice dizAmbiguation suggested we get in touch with the CW clanleader to arrange a practice match against them.

I thought both teams played pretty well, really, and I think we stand a pretty decent chance on Monday. The calling could have been better for our opposition team, but generally I think we put up a good effort despite having very little time to organise ourselves. The match team did a great job on all the maps and I've got to give props to Priest for locking me out of badwater for most of the map. Really excellent job by everyone and I had a great time. Good luck on Monday.
    3 People have given a Cookie to Sloth: Goldenrod, The Sero.ps

Playstuff Member .ps Dances With Playstuff's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    I think perhaps it might be fun to do this sort of thing more often even when we're not playing in a Highlander tournament. Perhaps we could have intra-playstuff games weekly or something. For week 5 practice dizAmbiguation suggested we get in touch with the CW clanleader to arrange a practice match against them.
    I was just thinking the same thing (watching the stream back from bed right now )!

Trading Philanthropist AngryPotato's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

W used to have such games and I agree - we should have open Playstuff highlanders again! Maybe after the tournament...
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Greater crested hermit ninja Boylee's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Brilliant games, thanks guys.
    cp_triplet - ctf_chicane - cp_cruff - pl_clifftop

--------------------------------------------------------------
    [UC] Boylee is in an unknown country.

Self proclaimed saviour Stitch626's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

If you do more of these games on the weekends count me in, also home from the 17th December till January 2nd for X-mas so call me in if you need another player

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

That was a lot of fun - if this happened more regularly I could see myself getting back into TF2 somewhat more.

Midnight Bacon: "You're like Batman, with guns."

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Good stuff! hopefully i've got some kind of snowball rolling

Thanks to everyone who made up the numbers last minute on both teams

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Good games all. Sorry about my lagging/warping. :/

The main team did a great job of sticking together and moving around as a unit. Very tough to break down.

One thing to remember for the match: Gullywash is played win-difference 5 not best of 5. You have to win 5 more rounds than the other team to win. Quite a few people seemed to throw out premature ggs at 3-0.
    Backburner - putting the lame in flame since 2008

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calump View Post
    One thing to remember for the match: Gullywash is played win-difference 5 not best of 5. You have to win 5 more rounds than the other team to win. Quite a few people seemed to throw out premature ggs at 3-0.
    Are you sure it's win difference 5 and not first to 5?

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Are you sure it's win difference 5 and not first to 5?
    Yep.
    http://etf2l.org/rules/general-rules/#4
    Backburner - putting the lame in flame since 2008

Billionaire Extraordinaire Two monkeys from a Tzu.'s Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

The 5 wins have to happen inside the 30 minute time limit to take effect though.
    For a moment I was imagining a 13-14 five hour stalemate.

4.1 Timelimit for 5cp maps: 30 minutes

Timelimit 30 has to be used for all maps not played with Stopwatch mode.

4.2 Winlimit for 5cp maps: Point difference of 5

If a team reaches a 5 point lead on a CP map, that team wins the map.

This rule has no effect on Stopwatch Maps and CTF maps.

4.3 On 5cp maps: Decider round in case of a draw

If the score is tied after the timelimit has been reached, a decider round (golden cap) will have to be played. If no team has won the round after 10 minutes have passed, the win will be awarded to the team controlling the middle capture point.

Greater crested hermit ninja Boylee's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626 View Post
    If you do more of these games on the weekends count me in, also home from the 17th December till January 2nd for X-mas so call me in if you need another player
    Exact same situation for me.
    cp_triplet - ctf_chicane - cp_cruff - pl_clifftop

--------------------------------------------------------------
    [UC] Boylee is in an unknown country.

Trading Philanthropist AngryPotato's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Yeah, definitely happy to revisit Home Grown Highlander if there's enough interest, which it looks like there will be We just need to work on the organisation aspects a bit, since we often had trouble getting 18 people on and the match underway in a reasonable amount of time.
    2 People have given a Cookie to almightybob: Goldenrod, Logan.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

I say weekly!

Playstuff Member .ps Dances With Playstuff's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I'm sure with Google Docs and someone responsible taking charge of it (looking at you Bob! ), we could work it out!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Weekly could be difficult to arrange 2 full teams. Once every 2 weeks might be better, that way we have plenty of time to a) get enough players and b) sort out the teams and who's playing what. I guess it really depends on how many people want to play; if there's a high demand then we should have more games, obviously. Just my $1/50
    02:24 - Focusknock: why is it that I find you with a moomin avatar unsurprising and fitting
    02:24 - Focusknock: why are you so good as a moomin

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

i could probably totally make some script where a date is set and people can register interest and it forms random teams from that, if we want to go the route where there's no set teams, just random from a selection of applicants each match
    Last edited by almightybob; 05-12-2011 at 13:18. Reason: for thanks
    6 People have given a Cookie to jim: almightybob.ps, Goldenrod, Logan.ps, MacNetron.ps, The Sero.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a plan Jim. Thoroughly enjoyed the games. Great play all round and a very decent level of TF2 played by all. Moar.
    Twitter @Logan_ps - Twitch.tv Logan