Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: ETF2L Highlander Season 1 Thread

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: ETF2L Highlander Discussion Thread

congrats, nicely done
    missed watching the first map, but gravelpit was awesome
    Cookie given from: Dances With Playstuff

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

And more generally, after all this time playing the game, I suddenly find that while I enjoy blowing up/shooting/roasting people a lot, I am actually best as a medic

Anyway, well played boys, total ownership with 8.5 players on upward. And as for their tactics on gravelpit, well...
    How DARE he? I earned every ONE of those medals I made!

Registered Member
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Really sorry for all the disconnects on Upward guys, glad that you managed to destroy them without me half the time! Guess I'm not credit to team :v

Gravelpit was just funny.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

We capped all three gravelpit points in less time than it took them just to take away A from us
    Cookie given from: Logan.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Well played everyone, was gutted I was about 20 mins late, though was a good watch on twitchtv thanks to colt and nutt for the commentary.

VGG all rounds guys everyone who played.

Trading Philanthropist AngryPotato's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Clungineer View Post
    Really sorry for all the disconnects on Upward guys, glad that you managed to destroy them without me half the time! Guess I'm not credit to team :v

Gravelpit was just funny.
    Oh, we just stopped for drinks and food while you were reconnecting and went back to crushing and rumbling in the moment you came back
    Cookie given from: almightybob.ps
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPotato View Post
    The BRO team was so annoying, they were complaining a lot, bad manners.
    Doesn't surprise me, considering earlier contact. Out of all the teams I've spoken too / we've played against, they have to be my least liked...

Gratz on the victory, especially considering all the troubles!

And apologies to those who contacted me on steam, for not being available, wasn't back from college.

Also, intrigued about what the secret plan was? Did you use it?
    Cookie given from: Logan.ps
    Sero's Sig Wuz 'Ere
    "Barbershop Ninjas"

Playstuff Member .ps Dances With Playstuff's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

They were also trash talking but ended up getting their asses handed to them \o/

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Great job guys, particular thanks to Cowmugger for jumping in for me at such short notice (and carrying it off like a boss) <3

I saw gravelpit on the cast but missed upward - however it was obvious from the ease of your gravelpit victory that you MUST have rolled upward Seriously, the time you set on gravelpit attack in the second half, C capped in 3 minutes something, that has to be some sort of comp record. And 4 mins on upward attack I hear, spectacular! I'm so raging I didn't get to play.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPotato View Post
    The BRO team was so annoying, they were complaining a lot, bad manners.
    I could tell they were going to be like that. Disappointing, but not wholly surprising.

Cheers for those screenies Apoc (incidentally, you should be a team leader now on ETF2L as well), does anyone happen to have the status screenie?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0w View Post
    Well played everyone, was gutted I was about 20 mins late, though was a good watch on twitchtv thanks to colt and nutt for the commentary.

VGG all rounds guys everyone who played.
    We were looking for a sub for like the first hour of play, you weren't online when i looked though :-o

You'd probably have gotten to play the second half of Upward

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Bob, do you mean these stats screenies?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34085176/2011-11-29_00003.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34085176/2011-11-29_00006.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34085176/2011-11-29_00008.jpg
    Sorry, crashes on both maps hindered my stat screens and replays :/

//oh, I guess you mean something more complicated, with console and steam_ids etc. sorry, I won't be helpful then :/
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

The match vs. Lambrini boys was excellent all told. Here are my thoughts on the game, but please remember that: A) playing sniper didn't really get me the best view of all the action all the time; B) we had several class changes due to people dropping, etc., so I'll refer to classes rather than players.

Map 1 - pl_upward

They started on offence after jerking about with spawnkilling and general trashtalking while we waited to ready up. We set up as planned but they blew us apart, capping point 1 with a roll and then pushing through to cap point 2 after only 2 or 3 minutes. Clungineer's internet problems left us without a heavy for large sections of the map and his absence really hurt for those first two points.

We rallied well, however, and stopped their advance dead on the uphill track just before point 3. Good communication and high awareness from everyone on the team meant we held point 3 for a long time, and that continued through to point 4. Eventually they did blow our base to bits, but only after 12 minutes and 45 seconds - an admirable recovery. Knowing we took our practice against KritzKast Ducks in just over 8 minutes gave us a bit of confidence, but it definitely didn't feel like a sure thing.

We changed teams and set up to attack. The first point was a little tricky to clear out but good focus on the cart by the light classes and on clearing out by the heavy classes resulted in a fairly decent cart speed. The story was much the same for the rest of the map and we won in just over 4 minutes or so. A very well played round by everyone, all told, but particular commendation must go to the medic and his pockets. Keeping our medic up and safe from their occasionally-troublesome spy was key on both attack and defence.

Map 2 -cp_gravelpit

We started off defending gravelpit as planned - solid defence on B and a token militia of Apocalypse and Dances on A. Between their scout and spy, however, they managed to prevent a capture at A for a full 3 minutes 58 seconds, due in part to Lambrini Boys' decision to try a full press on B out of the gate. We locked out B leaving them with 1 cap in just under 4 minutes, a time we soundly crushed by an almost instantaneous capture of A when our turn came.

We won the first half of gravelpit so convincingly our opposition virtually conceded defeat and suggested we play the next round 'for fun'. We set up to attack and cleared out their split defence very rapidly, capping A almost instantly, B shortly thereafter, and C almost immediately after that. Our score for our attack section was 3 points in just over 3 minutes.

They did rally a little on their attempt to beat our capture time, securing A quickly and pushing hard against B. We had become a little complacent, but once the shock of their new-found vigour wore off we respawned, regrouped, and successfully barricaded B.

Again, spectacularly well played by everyone, with good calling and excellent teamwork. Hard to pick special commendations for gravelpit because everyone played excellently, but I'm going to give it to Apocalypse and Dances for holding their entire team from capping A for nearly 4 minutes during the first round.

Thanks to everyone, and I very much look forward to watching the Twitch archive and the recast YouTube version.
    4 People have given a Cookie to Sloth: Dances With Playstuff, Goldenrod, Logan.ps, The Sero.ps

Now even more spooky!
    Spam Prince Vegeta
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Jimmy didn't wear the .ps tag. I am dissapoint

Also it seems they were Dutch according to the server name?
    Most dutch gamers are just blatent assholes.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

According to ETF2L page they were mostly Brits

also looking forward to YouTube version
    Some blue text here

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Yeah I mean the status-in-console screenie which shows everyone's Steam IDs. If nobody took one no big deal, we might get a minor infraction for it but nothing will happen unless we do it repeatedly.
    Will leave it a day in case anyone did get status screenie, then submit.

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Oooh, btw, thanks to Monkeys... If the team and the viewers can pick out a player of the evening for today, they have a trophy to wear until the next game

So, please, choose a player of the game! Vote if necessary
    Sero's Sig Wuz 'Ere
    "Barbershop Ninjas"

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    We were looking for a sub for like the first hour of play, you weren't online when i looked though :-o

You'd probably have gotten to play the second half of Upward
    I was on vent in the pub channel but didnt want to interupt, as I seen on the server info you had a full team, sorry wish i had known was well looking forward to playing nvm though you all did great

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

you should get some pictures of the shit they were talking, pretty unacceptable.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Like that, after Clung asked for a 5 minute break so he could sort his connection?
    Some blue text here

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by awesome-o View Post
    Jimmy didn't wear the .ps tag. I am dissapoint
    Was I the only one? I honestly must have forgot.

Also great games guys. Impressed with Sloth and his melee sniper.
    Cookie given from: Sloth