Page 1 of 17 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo III

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Diablo III

Yowwww,

It seems the post I made for Diablo III was still on Colts Playground, so about time to make one here for one of the most anticipated games
    This past weekend Launch and I played 20 minutes of Demon Hunter and Wizard at Gamescom, pretty sure it is going to be amazing.
    The game is one of the most polished I have ever played and the gameplay is friggin awesome.
    A huge improvement from Diablo 2 if you ask me, and I love Diablo 2.

Who is gonna join?

Last edited by Sivlon; 19-10-2011 at 13:38.
    Cookie given from: Jeeva

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: Diablo III

Oh and beta is most likely gonna start in September, so don't forget to opt into it by going to your battle.net account and using Blizzards tool to send your computer specs to them.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Sorry, they really screwed up for me with the auction house and always online. I've converted entirely to Path of Exile (which is also always online, but it's designed that way for co-op), which is exactly what I wanted Diablo III to be.
    Cookie given from: The Sero.ps
    "We do not wish to penalise the machine
    for its inability to shine in beauty competitions, nor to penalise
    a man for losing in a race against an aeroplane." -- A.M.Turing

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Fair enough! But no reason not to try the beta righ? It is like a free demo xD

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sivlon View Post
    Fair enough! But no reason not to try the beta righ? It is like a free demo xD
    Maybe, but I still see betas as testing platforms, even if the games industry is making people think otherwise, and as such it's probably best that people who will buy the game have input into how it gets improved.

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Yeah, I'm with 3agle on both points. Little disappointing, but there you go. :/

Also, Path of Exile looks interesting, cheers, may have to check that out ^^
    Sero's Sig Wuz 'Ere
    "Barbershop Ninjas"

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I don't understand. What's wrong with the RMAH? Seem like a logical step given that people used to buy gear form third party sites anyway. The always online thing is a bit crap, sure but this game will probably be to good to boycott.
    Damnation has joined the connect.

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/554

Sums up my thoughts quite well.

Tbh, if I was less skint, or more exited, I would likely still get it. It's not a specific boycott, it's just that those things have made me not want it as much. And considering Blizzard titles are usually quite expensive, take forever to drop, and aren't on steam... It gets harder for me to want it.
    Sero's Sig Wuz 'Ere
    "Barbershop Ninjas"

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Damnation View Post
    I don't understand. What's wrong with the RMAH? Seem like a logical step given that people used to buy gear form third party sites anyway. The always online thing is a bit crap, sure but this game will probably be to good to boycott.
    Well, it may be a good game, but I wasn't a huge fan of Diablo 2 to be fair, I thought it was fun, and I played for quite a while, but I was never massively excited for a sequel.
    Also the problem I have with the real money auction house is that those real money purchases and sales will affect the gold economy of the game, something D2 veterans (and most MMO's actually) will know is quite important not to screw up, or the money becomes worthless, much like a real economy. The fact that this is happening with peoples real cash is a little worrying.

The other problem is the fact that blizzard are just cashing in on these auction house transactions. Yes I'm aware they've said they won't make much money from it, but think about it, it's impossible for them not to make a ton from it. you will have to put a set amount of money in to buy something no doubt, and I would be extremely surprised if you get anything other than game 'credit', when you sell items. So, eventually, all of that money will end up in Blizzards hands. It costs them next to nothing to run this auction house system, and they get a cut of every single transaction, there will no doubt be millions of transactions, you can see where i'm going...

It is just a microtransaction system. It's exactly the same as facebook games, with a prettier face.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I definitely agree, really don't like the auction house and online connection for single player thing.
    Of course I didn't experience those things in the demo, but just from a gameplay/art/graphics perspective it seems like a great game
    Perhaps these things will completely ruin the experience, I don't know, but after 10 years of waiting I'll at least try it out
    Oh and it plays very differently to Diablo 2, Diablo 2 has aged very badly imo, Diablo 3 is brought up to date to todays standards and the gameplay is amazing

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Really looking forward to this, and I personally don't have a problem with the RMAH at all.

Real money trading is inevitable, blizzard are just making it safer (diablo 2 had more than it's fare share of scammers). I don't think you can complain about them cashing in on this, as there really isn't any alternative. They have said that you can sell stuff for money that goes straight to your bank account though, which is pretty cool.

They've already said that the real money auctions will be completely separate from the in-game gold ones, so the economy shouldn't be affected too much, and the gameplay shouldn't be affected too much either. All items will have restrictions and requirements, so it won't be much of a pay-to-win scenario, and even if it is, the game is mostly PvE, so I don't think it would be a problem.

The complaints about always online and lack of a single player mode are fair enough though. I guess people should have complained more when they did similar stuff with Starcraft 2.
    Backburner - putting the lame in flame since 2008

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Really looking forward to this, and have been so longer than I can easily think.

I am not really that fussed about the RMAH tbh, the fun for me was all pve with friends, pvp in a game like this has no real appeal for me, and the sudden 'oh sh*t' moments when you teleport(ect.) into a double group of lightning enchanted boss groups on hell difficulty for insta omg-wtf-gib. And while this game will of course be beought into the 20th century properly I would hope it had enough of the old to more than counter balance the new which I dont see affecting me hugely.

D2 had unofficial RMAH tbh, at least this way it will support the dev and help keep our gaming experience hassle free and awesome!

Burning Ice and Biting Flame!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Really looking forward to this, and have been so longer than I can easily think.

I am not really that fussed about the RMAH tbh, the fun for me was all pve with friends, pvp in a game like this has no real appeal for me, and the sudden 'oh sh*t' moments when you teleport(ect.) into a double group of lightning enchanted boss groups on hell difficulty for insta omg-wtf-gib. And while this game will of course be beought into the 20th century properly I would hope it had enough of the old to more than counter balance the new which I dont see affecting me hugely.

D2 had unofficial RMAH tbh, at least this way it will support the dev and help keep our gaming experience hassle free and awesome!
    Same here, I can understand why people don't like it, perhaps I am not too fond of it, but Diablo is all about killing monsters, leveling, and gearing up with friends
    So can't be bothered as long as the game is good

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calump View Post
    They have said that you can sell stuff for money that goes straight to your bank account though, which is pretty cool.
    If that's true, that sounds very strange. Especially after it was recently uncovered that a company ran by the Korean government was using WoW to farm and sell gold, which they then funneled directly back into the government.
    This system only makes it even more prone to such abuse.

Simplified article
    Original link from the NY Times

Playstuff Member .ps
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.diablowiki.net/Auction_House_FAQ
    Can players choose to get cash from currency-based auction house sales, instead of having the proceeds deposited into their Battle.net account?
    Yes, as an advanced feature, players will have the option of attaching an account with an approved third-party payment service to their Battle.net account. Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” would then be handled through the third-party payment service. Note that this process will be subject to applicable fees charged by Blizzard and the third-party payment service. Also, any proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house that have been deposited into the Battle.net account will not be transferrable to the third-party payment service account. Not all regions will support this advanced feature at launch. Region-specific details, as well as details regarding which third-party payment services will be supported and the fee that Blizzard will charge for the cash-out process, will all be provided at a later date.
    I think that's straight from the blizzard press release.
    Cookie given from: 3agle.ps
    Backburner - putting the lame in flame since 2008

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

New official Diablo 3 site has been opened by Blizzard http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/
    You can log in to your battle.net account and post on the forums and stuff like that, similiar to the WoW site.

Hope this means the beta will really start next month
    Last edited by Sivlon; 24-08-2011 at 21:52.

Administrator
    L4D2 Group Co-ordinator
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

My old account is blocked because of "suspicious activity"
    It says I have to follow instructions in a mail they sent, but I'm not receiving my mail.

And you can't enter the beta if you don't own any Blizzard games
    Last.Played

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I had that before, should be easily resolvable, but if you don't get an e-mail that could be tricky
    Buy Warcraft 3, Warcraft 4 aint coming out anytime soon and 3 is a great game and goes for cheap xD

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

BETA inviting has begun in the US yaaaaaaay

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Everybody update your beta preferences again if you want to have a chance to be in the Beta.
    A few weeks ago it was the US client, now they updated the EU client.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/2592320158