Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hobbit!!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: Hobbit!!

I originally had high hopes for this movie, however my interest has dwindled away very quickly and I just don't think it will live up to the other LOTR movies at all.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Just out of interest, anything in particular that has made your interest disappear Sn0w? I'm excited as I've seen more and more of how it was made and the lessons learnt from the previous movies. IMHO they've got better and better technically - everything behind the scenes is amazing. The only thing I'm not sure on is that it's 3d and I hate 3d (can't see it - apparently I'm one of about 10% of people who don't see 3d effects (I mean I can see that something is in focus and meant to be bursting out of the screen and something else is blurred thus meant to be in the background but I'll never duck or actually feel the effect - it's something to do with 3d in peripheral vision but can't remember the medical name)).
    The story is so defined that there can't be any messing about and they didn't with the LOTR so that's safe too. Is it just the wait that's annoying you or just not your type of film?
    Cookie given from: The Sero.ps
    ---
    (aka JennyCide.ps)
    putting the Rage in Average
    gromblog (inactive at present)
    Twitter

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

O it definitly is my type of film, I absolutly love the original LOTR movies, I love 3D and I will still go see it at some point, but just I don't know probably heard about the movie that long ago it seems to have been floating around for ages, and just gradually thought less and less about it to the point where I'm not too fussed anymore. I guess the huge gap in time between LOTR and the Hobbit is one thing, though I hear what your saying regarding technique etc. I dunno, maybe its the fact that I loved LOTR trilogy so much and watched them so many times I'm expecting to be let down by it. I really cannot put my finger on exactly what it is, but like I say its just wavering a bit for me, like today I took the kids to the cinema for the first time ever to see Diary of a wimpy kid (Was decent enough really, kids loved it) and while walking through the cinema and back and forth to the toilets 5/6 times (the kids not my weak bladder... honest) I seen all the posters Expendables 2, Resident Evil - something or another, Taken 2, some kids movie the legends or something, Bond?? a couple of others then there was The Hobbit and the poster just did little to nothing for me. I think my perceived vision of the film is thats its going to be boring compared to the others - I probably always held out for the story to continue forward somehow instead of going back to before the original. I hope all that blabber made sense and I hope Im proved wrong by the film.

I hope I'm not become a grumpy old git .... 30 is only a couple of months away

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

s'ok, you'll be 40 by the time it comes out at this rate and you'll have forgotten ever thinking you were let down by it - that's the beauty of old age - I can watch every movie for the first time, every time. Just give it 5 minutes after it's ended and you've forgotten it already
    Cookie given from: Sn0w.ps
    ---
    (aka JennyCide.ps)
    Twitter

Administrator
    L4D2 Group Co-ordinator
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries
    Last.Played

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

With a trilogy announced I will certainly forget it the time the last one is released lol. Nah good news I think and I feel slightly more optomistic this week about the film, I guess I was on a bit of a downer last week.

Trading Philanthropist AngryPotato's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Reading LotR again (now in English), having read Hobbit half a year ago (also for the 2nd time - I read both Hobbit and LotR when I was quite young) I wonder what Peter Jackson plans to do with all this movietime. I'm quite excited, I believe he can make it all worth watching while still canonical. After the first book of LotR I see (or I should perhaps say 'I recall') there are many things that got omitted in the movie trilogy, because they happened before the "worldwide" (Rohan, Gondor) action starts, they are being mentioned by the characters as the past actions - possibly in The Hobbit's time. I'm not sure how far does the filming equip want to go with connecting Hobbit and LotR, if Hobbit was intended to be a strict prequel trilogy, then not only Dol Guldur battle could be shown, but also Gollum's hunt by Gandalf, Aragorn and elves, Moria retrieval mission of Balin and his company, Mirkwood purge etc.
    Looking forward to whatever Peter Jackson presents. I think the 2nd part will be the basis to judge if he's stretching the story much, it's always hard to make the middle one interesting...

BTW, not sure if you noticed, 8th Production Video got published - http://www.thehobbitblog.com/
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Administrator
    L4D2 Group Co-ordinator
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Part two is now called "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"
    Part three got part two's name: "The Hobbit: There and Back Again"
    Last.Played

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

A nice look inside Post Production - 9th video!

Looking at this orchestra gave me a thrill
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Billionaire Extraordinaire Two monkeys from a Tzu.'s Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

John Scalzi made a worrying remark on his blog:

A Relevant Point Regarding Expectation Management

Were all aware this is a prequel trilogy, right?

Im just saying.
    I'm sure it will be fine. Does anyone know if this will be a one movie every christmas affair?
    If the pauses between movies get too long I probably wait until they are all out and look for some kind of 3in1 screening, I did the same thing for the original LotR triology, it is not like I'm in any danger of getting spoiled.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I've been to a LotR extended version marathon lately. I would regret not watching every one of these movies soon after their premieres though, so I'll most likely watch every Hobbit movie one at a time and then wait for an extended version marathon to merge the experience
    Monkeys, I feel that not the spoilers are the problem in this case. Nowadays, the biggest problem would be a huge wave of memes coming soon... It was a bit awkward to sit in a full cinema, watch a serious scene and hear everyone burst into sudden laugh ("One does not simply.. HAHAHAHAHAHA!", "And my axe... AND MY VUVUZELA HAHAHAHAHAHA!", "They're taking the hobbits to Isengard... GARD GARD HAHAHAHAAHA!") D: So... be prepared to face a hoard of memes and other made-in-internet creatures ready to spoil the ambience
    Some blue text here

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I think the plan is the first 2 for this and next christmas, the final the summer after that. So only 2 and a half years rather than 3.
    Sero's Sig Wuz 'Ere
    "Barbershop Ninjas"

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Beard Capture sounds like an interesting job
    ---
    (aka JennyCide.ps)
    Twitter

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Two monkeys from a Tzu. View Post
    John Scalzi made a worrying remark on his blog:

I'm sure it will be fine. Does anyone know if this will be a one movie every christmas affair?
    If the pauses between movies get too long I probably wait until they are all out and look for some kind of 3in1 screening, I did the same thing for the original LotR triology, it is not like I'm in any danger of getting spoiled.
    Not sure this should be a worrying remark whatsoever. After all, they're based upon books and just turned into films slightly backwards (LOTR, Hobbit). So normal rules of things shouldn't matter As long as Jackson maintains the style (which I am positive he will) and making 3 films from 1 book doesn't slow the pace into a quasi-period drama type wallowing of story - then it'll be a success.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

the three movies are based on hundreds of pages of unpublished material tolkein wrote. not just one book

Jacksons argument was that if they don't use it in the movie, noone will ever get to see it, which is probably true enough.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

absolutely fantastic. loved it, can't understand most criticisms, especially those about it dragging out or being stretched too thin.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

http://www.thehobbit.com/releasedate...ase-dates.html
    Reading the list few weeks ago I smiled seeing "Australia 26 Dec" - poor Australians, always late to the party, although they are so close to New Zealand. (not mentioning Vietnam or Trinidad or Equador - although these didn't look that awkward)
    Then I got to Europe...
    "Poland 28 Dec"
    OH COME ON!
    Some blue text here

Playstuff Member .ps
    Spam King 2010
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Loved it. Just what I wanted, great prequel to LotR, feels as it should, and so far they seem to be working the stuff which is from the other works in really nicely.

The greater fps of the IMAX version is nice too. Looks odd for the first little bit, but really liked it when I adjusted.
    Sero's Sig Wuz 'Ere
    "Barbershop Ninjas"

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I watched it the other day and really enjoyed it. There is more CGI than in LotR which makes it look a bit strange as the actors are the same, but it still works well and doesn't detract from the experience or quality at all. I've not read the book but all of my friends that I was with had and had no complaints about the way it matched up - a couple of things were changed but they were very minor, as I understand.
    02:24 - Focusknock: why is it that I find you with a moomin avatar unsurprising and fitting
    02:24 - Focusknock: why are you so good as a moomin

Now even more spooky!
    Spam Prince Vegeta
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Really enjoyed it yeah. Though the
    Spoiler: Reveal
    sword that bilbo gets that should glow up when he is near orcs was once forgotten in the CGI department. Can't remember which scene it was anymore though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast