Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: cp_axle

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

cp_axle

Current version: _b1b

Past public releases: _a1, _a2a, _a3, _a4a, _a5c, _b1b, _b2d, _b3b, _b4a.

cp_axle_b4a now available:

TF2maps 26MB .bz2

Since it is only in alpha the map lacks soundscapes and particle effects such as light spots (Although it's admitedly pretty detailed for only _a3).

servers:
    TF2maps.net US: Dallas - 174.34.133.100:27500
    TF2maps.net EU: London - 85.234.148.93:29015

Minor issues:
    Currently testing B4

Major issues:
    Currently testing B4
    Last edited by grazr; 11-01-2011 at 13:02.
    3 People have given a Cookie to grazr: Hawk.ps, Post Script.ps

🍕Mr🍕Man🍕The🍕Pizza🍕Fan🍕 Post Script's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Re: cp_axle

These fighting areas look really nice with plenty of locations for spies to uncloak/set sentries etc, and height differences seem to be used well. I look forward to a playtest

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Very pretty. I too look forward to a playtest.

Greater crested hermit ninja Boylee's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

This looks brilliant grazr, we'll get an impromptu going later today with this in.
    cp_triplet - ctf_chicane - cp_cruff - pl_clifftop

--------------------------------------------------------------
    [UC] Boylee is in an unknown country.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Sweet. I've joined the steam group, do you guys post announcements through it for your impromptu's?

We tried to get a TF2maps playtest this afternoon, but our EU server is bugging out (we really need to replace it) :/ So we had to abandon the playtest sessions after the second map so we missed mine.

In the mean time, here are 10 teaser gameplay shots (with plenty of rocket jumping):
    Spoiler: Reveal

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

We don't normally make a big hoo hah over our normal games as the teamplay server is quite often full of an afternoon, but since we're long overdue a blueprint session I reckon we will announce an impromptu. By the way I've put axle into the current maplab rotation and demo recording is on so any demos we get I'll pass them along.

p.s. I hope you don't mind but I spoilered you're images just to cut the bandwidth and scrolling for everyone.
    Cookie given from: grazr

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Fair enough, i was going to put them into url tags but didn't know whether people would be arsed to click all the individual links. I'm used to the lot over at TF2maps going "we want pics, NAO".

What are the forum codes for the spoiler feature so i can do that in future?

edit: nvm, clicked edit, and they were pretty obvious

Trading Philanthropist AngryPotato's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I don't like the spawn orientation - when you leave spawn (the first one) you face another resupply and you naturally go forward because you think that door will be exit from the location. The second spawn was good enough, as far as I remember, but the third one was unfortunately badly oriented You have to go right, NOT LEFT, when you leave it - and I usually took the shortest way to another entrance, because it seemed natural for me - so most times I was going wrong way just to notice that on our 2nd point.
    You should be able to easily fix it by rotating spawn door a little, like it's done in ctf_well, so they are slightly facing the way out (for example 45 degree).
    The rest, overall layout, was quite good. I'm not sure if the medkits and ammo packs placement should be like that. I would also like that (when you defend) the right top way on 2nd point (little window above) was accesible from behind the door - at now it's great to ambush people capping the point, but you need to get there in front of them, so for anyone that can't be invisible it become a bit useless. I found some computers in last room that you can 'enter' Quite fun for hiding, but not so good when you run on last point and want to jump on it
    3 People have given a Cookie to AngryPotato: grazr, Logan.ps, SPHinx
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I was really impressed with this map grazr, I thought it played great. With the exception of the last spawn I'd say the layout is spot on. Also the computers at the last (/first) point can be hidden in, reckon they should be clipped off or solid props. I think this one will go in the mean teamplay server rotation very soon.

EDIT: Oh and there's a few demos available now, I'll link em soon.

EDIT EDIT: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1766697/demo...le_a3_demos.7z
    Last edited by Boylee; 10-10-2010 at 00:47.
    2 People have given a Cookie to Boylee: grazr, Logan.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Agree with both of the above. The spawn orientation is counter-intuitive. Love the layout. Very pretty (and not too pretty ). Had lots of fun getting rolled today.
    2 People have given a Cookie to SPHinx: grazr

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Thanks for checking it out guys. Shame i missed the playtest.

Since the spawn orientation keeps getting braught i reckon it's pretty unanimous to rotate them 45 degrees, this was mentioned on the first test as well.

I'll see what i can do about the room overlooking CP2, that's a good suggestion; as as far as the entrance goes, unless someone takes the airvent drop-down on the far flank, all players have to pass through the base's vestibule. Which isn't a typical 5cp push layout design.

AngryPotato, what do you mean about the ammo placement? I'm not sure what you mean when you say "shouldn't be like that".

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Looking good. Can't wait to playtest. Particularly like the height variety and this room appeals : like the 'strapped' supports.

I reckon we should have a 'Blueprint on tour' soon - holding midweek 'specials' on the Teamplay server, of the previous Blueprint's most triumphant maps mixed with some 'Hot off the press' compiles such as this.
    Cookie given from: Boylee.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

cp_axle_a4a now available:

Dropbox 18.4MB .7z

TF2maps 20.1MB .zip

This release mainly addresses map issues from the last alpha.

change log:

• Fixed BLU's forward-forward spawn locking on back cap.
    • Removed excess signage to conform with Valve's 5cp signage theory.
    • Added minor details (trees and select point_lights).
    • Added collisions to server boxes at final CP's.
    • Added a gate to ventilation shaft dropdown at final CP's (prevents fall damage).
    • Increased mid capture time by 12.5% (from 8 seconds to 9).
    • Increased light in some RED areas.
    • Player clipped several exploitable ledges.
    • Player clipped BLU scaffold.
    • Player clipped spytech fences.
    • Rotated main spawn room 45 degrees to reduce player orientation confusion.
    • Added small ammo pack in BLU base vestibule (previously missing).

One thing before i finish, so far only one of the two initial spawns has been rotated. But i have added arrow signage on the floor which will hopefully make up for any potential further confusion (i may remove them when i rotate the other spawn). The reason for this is some awkward geometry that will take me a while to modify the secondary spawn rooom.

With the main issues resolved hopefully it will be in an acceptable condition to throw on your rotation.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Wow that was fast! I'll get this version uploaded later today.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Updated to _a4a, apologies, totally unprofessional of me, i should have tested it properly before distributing it. The back capping-forward spawn door locking was an issue with the triggers, not the doors after all.

_a4a is the fix. Updated above post appropriately.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Nice, you're so quick! I miss a little these non-clipped server boxes on last point - it was amusing to hide there during humilation I'm glad you rotated the spawns, I will have to check how they work now (and the forward ones too)
    BTW does this map automatically force people to switch sides each round? Because I think it happened to us that once we were blue and then all of us became red (it wasn't scramble). I don't know if it's intentional, but if it is, I would personally advise to take it back - a symmetrical map like this one doesn't really need switching sides, so it brings only confusion (especially to spies! For 2-3 minutes I was still unsure what team I am and whom I should backstab!)

Quote Originally Posted by grazr View Post
    AngryPotato, what do you mean about the ammo placement? I'm not sure what you mean when you say "shouldn't be like that".
    Well, it's hard to say, someone (I think Post Script) mentioned something about medkit placement when we played, and I also had some kind of a feeling I am not sure now, I think I missed some bigger medkit in the map center and maybe near the last point. I really don't know, it is propably not a big issue. If you hear anything about medkits and ammo from other people, then maybe there's something wrong there, if not, then it's propably just my feeling, not so important.
    Hey, you can type small, nearly invisible text under your post. (or invisible!) That's great! - I know neat trick isn't it ?
    Hello, Stranger! Nice to have you in my sig! Feel free to leave comments! Any of them will be welcome!
    Some blue text here
    The Sero was heeeeereeee! (although he doesn't even know!) I think it's about time we got some orange text in this.
    I like tomatoes That's true, dear Stranger!I almost forgot to post here. Huh? Someone say my name?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

After playing it on the TF2maps servers i havn't noticed any post-round team switching occuring.

As for the health packs. The majority of them are small; there are 3 mediums, 1 under the mid point, and 1 in each 2nd cp area in the far corner on the cliffs. Health isn't entirely out of the way, though, and this is generally something that comes with learning a maps layout. The general concept is that you make a small travel time sacrifice to heal up (though this is not always the case, and shouldn't be).

At tf2maps we do have a post-round team scrambler, are you sure playstuff is not using the same/a similar feature? I noticed in your game that it ended 4 - 0.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

I think it wasn't team scramble unless it was 2 player scramble or whatever because as I checked teams I was still with the same teammates and my enemies were in opposite team as well. I don't know, maybe it was some server problem then.
    Some blue text here

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grazr View Post
    Updated to _a4a, apologies, totally unprofessional of me, i should have tested it properly before distributing it. The back capping-forward spawn door locking was an issue with the triggers, not the doors after all.

_a4a is the fix. Updated above post appropriately.
    a4a uploaded to Fastftp and MapLab!

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Ahem

And btw I updated the versioning at the top of the OP.
    Cookie given from: grazr

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast