Thread: My GMod is being annoying

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

My GMod is being annoying

I was trying to connect to our Fretta server, and I needed 20 or so files. GMod downloaded the first few just fine, and then just stopped on one of them. I waited a long time, but nothing happened. I reconnected, and it froze again while downloading a file. Every time I try to reconnect, the same thing happens. The actual game isn't freezing, just the download seems to make no progress whatsoever. And it's not necessarily the same file every time (although if I try to reconnect to the same server several times in a row, it tends to keep happening on the same file).
    I open the server browser to try a different server, and as soon as I do GMod crashes. I can't alt-tab out, so I have to restart. This happens every time I open the server browser.

So I reinstalled the whole game. Still same problem with the files on the Fretta server, except I now have 900+ files to download.
    I try to connect to the Playstuff GMod Lab, but it fails after 4 retries.

I haven't tried the server browser after reinstall, wanted to post this before in case I lose everything I wrote.

I've made sure hl2.exe is exempt from the firewall (didn't think it would be that anyway since I could download some files but not others).

Anyone know what's wrong?
    I hate technology.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: My GMod is being annoying

With the 900+ files sounds like you didn't reinstall correctly, what way did you reinstall?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

First I verified the files, it said they were all fine. Then I went to delete local content, then redownload the whole game.
    It did take a surprisingly short time to redownload.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

could you play in single player fine?

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Just checked, and yeah I can play single player.

Tried to connect again to Fretta server, said I needed 297 files. First 250 or so flew by, then it froze with 43 LUA files to go, on something like cl_init.lua. After a few minutes when it was obvious it wasn't going to work again, I stopped and retried. This time I only needed the 43 LUA files, plus it had added a map file. It froze straight away on that map file, something.ain.