Thread: No Crits, No Bonus Crits and Reduced spread - Competition Config now on maplab

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

No Crits, No Bonus Crits and Reduced spread - Competition Config now on maplab

Running WarMode in SourceMod on the map lab will now enable optimised settings for testing your competition CTF maps.

It should be set when you join, but if it isn't, run it, or ask a senior admin to.

Various settings have been added, the most important are No bonus crits, no crits, restricted weapon spread. It's the config used by the European TF2 leagues - and it's about the same in the US.

tf_ctf_bonus_time 0
    tf_damage_disablespread 1
    tf_flag_caps_per_round 0
    tf_teamtalk 1
    tf_tournament_hide_domination_icons 1
    tf_tournament_classlimit_scout -1
    tf_tournament_classlimit_soldier -1
    tf_tournament_classlimit_pyro -1
    tf_tournament_classlimit_demoman -1
    tf_tournament_classlimit_heavy -1
    tf_tournament_classlimit_engineer -1
    tf_tournament_classlimit_sniper -1
    tf_tournament_classlimit_medic -1
    tf_tournament_classlimit_spy -1
    tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads 1
    tf_weapon_criticals 0
    Last edited by Logan; 25-01-2010 at 17:12.
    8 People have given a Cookie to Logan: Boylee.ps, Caliostro, Hentai.ps, midget31394, Post Script.ps, Psy, suicidebuddy, The Sero.ps
    Twitter @Logan_ps - Twitch.tv Logan

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Re: No Crits, No Bonus Crits and Reduced spread - Competition Config now on maplab

Excellent. Thanks for setting it up.
    I made Nightfall and Lighthouse.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

Re: No Crits, No Bonus Crits and Reduced spread - Competition Config now on maplab

oh - and the player restrictions are just there if we decide we want them set.

Trading Philanthropist AngryPotato's Avatar
    Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

So... you want a highlander setup there? I see there is class limit 1 so it doesn't match 6v6 lineup - but I don't know what you exactly want there

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received
    Blog Entries

nope - class limits off for now

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPotato View Post
    So... you want a highlander setup there? I see there is class limit 1 so it doesn't match 6v6 lineup - but I don't know what you exactly want there
    -1, not 1.

In the Q3 engine, that the source engine is based on, -1 stands for infinite.
    Cookie given from: Logan.ps

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Heh. Those current lines will do nowt. But I'm not at all bothered about a class limit apart from engi. A limit of 1 would be a bit stingy so I'd recommend 2 if you do decide to follow my suggestion.
    I made Nightfall and Lighthouse.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Heh. Those current lines will do nowt. But I'm not at all bothered about a class limit apart from engi. A limit of 1 would be a bit stingy so I'd recommend 2 if you do decide to follow my suggestion.
    I've had this discussion with someone before... Class limits are bad. I usually leave a server as soon as I notice it has class limits.

Yes, nobody likes 5 retards mucking around as spies/snipers, but honestly, what's the practical difference for them playing sniper, soldier, heavy or anything really? They suck. They're going to continue to suck regardless. Meanwhile, if there -ARE- class limits a couple of halfwits can lockdown an otherwise useful class that your team might be needing. I've raged out of a server after being unable to play Soldier when my team desperately needed it. We had 5 Soldiers. The 5 of them together, in the middle of turbine COULD NOT HIT 1 FUCKING SCOUT... I'm serious. 5 Soldiers together could not HIT one Scout running between them, let alone kill him.

So no, no class limits please. The practical difference between having a mental defective play one class or another is very little, in the "grand scheme" they're a null variable anyways, and meanwhile you might be blocking someone really good at a class, from playing that class when your team needs it.

Cookies Given
    Cookies Received

Im thinking it might just have something to do with either this..

http://playstuff.net/threads/1568-Competitive-play

or this..

......enable optimised settings for testing your competition CTF maps.

all on the maplab too
    /*/
    /*/*/*/You sir, are a swaggering addle-pated jackanapes!
    /*/